The Planted Tank Forum banner

1841 - 1860 of 2156 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Btw i Think i set the PWMmax to 225 But i have to check my sketches....
That could be an issue if it is set incorrectly

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thanks Fietsenrex,
Yes i have connected the ground of PSU to Arduino as i am able to control the intensity of the LED's from the controller. The issue is if i set 100% intensity on the controller it is still very low as compared to directly giving 12v to the LDD700H. This LED are Cree 3W.
I read the current on the output of LDD700, its 690mA when powering directly with12v(without PWM) and the same when i connect the controller(PWM) i get just 20mA which is way too low.
Need to know if their are any settings in the code.
Does the 20mA change at all with the setting (ie changing from 0 to 100%)? Can you measure the voltage at the PWM pin at 0, 50% and 100%?

Also, which controller code are you using? The original iAqua or one of the others posted?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow, still @MrMan had this post folow up, i was wishing that this is my beginner arduino project, but a lot had been done, respect to every one, Mr AH, you suck, if it was'nt you, this project would have die, but it still live, but Mister O2 and those that have utilised these theories of automated aqua, are very commercial, but you are the great, if i were you, i should have a licensing terms that who ever try to copy this and that will be not allowed, but a very good hoby for my life. your exact mind is me, but not like the other guy who just try to commercialize every thing they find, big salute to you alute you, 2014-2017, its still alive

Bump: @mrman, thank you for still supporting this post, you rock

Bump: And i think this post is all for those automating your aqua, i love you, i would keep up with this post

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am using MrAqua_v2_3_6.
I feel it is something to do with the circuit design or connections. Here are the findings i did today.

The voltage at the PWM pin at 100% is around 5.10V, and at 50% it is around 2.4V(i did only on one channel)

I made readings of the current output on LDD700 first Channel. With controller ON(PWM ON)
1) With single, only first channel ON it shows – 430mA and the 3 cool white led’s glow well (but not enough for plantation, planning for upgrade anyways)
2) With second channel ON it shows – 240mA
3) With third channel ON it shows – 150mA
4) With fourth channel ON it shows – 70mA and 30mA with all 5 channels ON.
I read LDD700H specification, it says Power ON with dimming: DIM ~ -Vin >2.5 ~ 6VDC or open circuit. does this mean if i input 5v PWM the LDD will output 580mA only?

I made the same reading with directly connecting 12v8A supply, without controller (PWM OFF)
1. it shows constant 700mA with one or all the channels ON.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Love this thread, a very big salute for mr AH, realy bringin m=y arduino skill, yes i a lately on this hobby, starting the aquarium only last year ang this arsuino just now, what an inspiring project, but still got problem with LED drivers, can anyone suggest me with a lower inexpensive driver like using mosfet not the LDD, this is quite expensive to me, what kind of mosfet or any transistor or like would be use.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Love this thread, a very big salute for mr AH, realy bringin m=y arduino skill, yes i a lately on this hobby, starting the aquarium only last year ang this arsuino just now, what an inspiring project, but still got problem with LED drivers, can anyone suggest me with a lower inexpensive driver like using mosfet not the LDD, this is quite expensive to me, what kind of mosfet or any transistor or like would be use.
You need a logic-level N-channel mosfet like the FQP30N06L, and you need to make a constant current driver with it, the following project has some methods that will work, although with poor efficiency-

High Power LED Driver Circuits: 12 Steps (with Pictures)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello!
where are the parts on this page? (resistance, diode, capacitor)
There is no direction marked on the panel!
Unfortunately I can not implant this way!
help!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Resistors doesn?t matter, if caps don?t have any polarity markings it doesn?t matter in my experience.
Diodes and IC?s have an identifier on them, there Should be a marking on the pcb.
Do you have a close up of a diode or ic? The component as well as the place on the pcb

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi everybody!

I'm Guillaume, a french guy that love computers, electronic, and... shrimps!
(sorry for my poor english...)

I have found this thread 2 month ago, what amazing work :icon_eek: !

While I wanted to build a similar project, I decided to try to adapt iAqua to my tank, so....

Thanks Dan Cunningham (AnotherHobby), thanks robsworld78, thanks Ryan Truss (MrAqua) and all the others contributors!

I started with the v2.5.1 of MrAqua (thanks again), this code is pretty cool! :wink2:

I've made my own shield to fit my need (do you think it looks like MrAqua's one? It's normal, I was inspired by it!):
There are 6 outputs with optocouplers for the LED PWM signals

Bottom view (with the PCA9685 SMD):

The code is working, but I have some graphic improvements to do...

Now I have to debug 2-3 things, and add new stuff to fit perfectly my needs...

Once again, THANK YOU GUYS FOR THIS WORK !!! :proud::proud::proud:

Wow cool board, very simple, could you share the pcb layout and schema, i would like to try your iaqua. 1 question, is this board still need the tft shield modification?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I haven't been able to read through all 124 pages yet, so I'm not sure if the project went through a major revision to the point of using different hardware, but I was able to pick up an Inland Mega 2560 board at my local MicroCenter for only $10 US. If anyone has been thinking about getting one, it's a pretty good deal on that microcontroller board. It's on sale until December 30 I believe.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi guys,
Recently while my ds18b20 temp sensor was showing temp with 0.1 degree celcius on home screen, suddenly shows with 0.5 degree.
Do you know what's happening?Bad sensor?
Edit: Solved. Fiy was a bad sensor. Changed with a new one and it is working fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow, what a great build with a ton of information. I confess to not having read every page, but definitely stoked to have found this thread as I already have a mega and TFT laying around aas well as a bunch of LDD's and 3w crees. It is the perfect start up to what I have in mind for my tank. I am hoping I didn't show up too late to the party as I have a few questions. Forgive me if this has been answered already, but;

Does the code have any cloud effects?

I am not interested in storms or worried about a east to west fading or anything too realistic just some decent random clouds would be nice.

If I understand correctly to run without IR control just pwm via meanwells all I need to do is change true to false, that's it?
"boolean lightCSP = true; // if you are controlling your lights directly with PWM, this is false"

Do I need to use the TFT shield or can I just use resistors in line with the wires to the TFT screen to step down the voltage?

Anyone with coding abilities still following this thread?
I would love some help modifying this code slightly as my ultimate goal is to use this to run an aquaponics setup I am putting together for my winter enclosed porch garden. I'm thinking I wont need help with changing the buttons or modifying the code to add some transfer pumps, humidity control, etc. I mostly need help with the lighting strategy as I would like clouds, and my channels will probably be a little different.

I am thinking I need to start taking notes and cruise through all this info again. If anyone is interested in providing some coding help it would be greatly appreciated, as I have some snippets of code, I'm just not sure how to integrate it with the existing code. Thanks.

1841 - 1860 of 2156 Posts