The Planted Tank Forum banner

1821 - 1840 of 2157 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
@fietsenrek

Don't trust the powersupply.
The humming sound is made by the transformer or the FET in the supply.
There is a oscilator circuit that feeds the FET and the FET feeds the transformer. The sound is the oscilator what you hear.
This humming is mostly caused by bad caps.

Buy a new (good) one .
going to, problem is that the socket/outlet is not grounded.. so I'll have to fix that first.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Glad your sorted out the screen setting issue, I still haven't unpacked my iAqua stuff so haven't been able to test anything. I put in a variable to allow shorter times between presses when adjusting certain values, like container size where you need to change by large amounts. There might be some variables that still have the slow adjustment time so feel free to let me know if any others need quicker button press rates.
Hi,
Could you please tell us which variable is?
It is not always working and I want to take a look of it.
If it is working and I zero eeprom and flash an other -again yours- version, it is not working.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought most if not all of the parts for this project & lost interest in it because I didn't know what I was doing. I'm willing to sell all of the parts if any one is interested.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi,
Could you please tell us which variable is?
It is not always working and I want to take a look of it.
If it is working and I zero eeprom and flash an other -again yours- version, it is not working.
I think that post was from quite a while ago, but the variable i'm talking about here is "touchWaitTime"

Can you be more specific about what is not working?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think that post was from quite a while ago, but the variable i'm talking about here is "touchWaitTime"

Can you be more specific about what is not working?
I was almost sure it was that variable!
Yeah, that post is quite old, but I prefer "searching" before "asking".
Lets say I want to increase the temp.
The up or down buttons respond as they have to, quickly if button is long pressed.
If I change something in the code and I flash the new code to test it, it is not working as it was before.
It is working on random times.

·
Registered
1 Posts
way off topic sort of

Hi all, a newbie ? about the original "I Aqua".I understand it is an old topic but I have been reading it for the last week or so following it ok but I have lost the thread on the 20k resistors that AH mentions at the beginning. I can't seem to find a solution for the problem after that first was brought up. If there is an answer could someone please let me know. Please.
alan

·
Registered
3 Posts
All regards, how to connect the pca9685 to the 12VDC RGBW tape. I connected it according to the standard scheme and the summer shines in half the sun.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hi all, a newbie ? about the original "I Aqua".I understand it is an old topic but I have been reading it for the last week or so following it ok but I have lost the thread on the 20k resistors that AH mentions at the beginning. I can't seem to find a solution for the problem after that first was brought up. If there is an answer could someone please let me know. Please.
alan
I don't recall using any 20K resistors in the original build

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just changed my tft. It was an ili9341_16 and I changed it with a sainsmart ssd1289 because ili had burned some lines.
The problem is that I can't make dimming work on ssd screen. Dimming was fine with ili tft but when I connect it to ssd, the screen flashes and I can't see raw images.
If I connect the tft's led backlight directly to 5v it's fine.
Any help?

·
Registered
425 Posts
I just changed my tft. It was an ili9341_16 and I changed it with a sainsmart ssd1289 because ili had burned some lines.
The problem is that I can't make dimming work on ssd screen. Dimming was fine with ili tft but when I connect it to ssd, the screen flashes and I can't see raw images.
If I connect the tft's led backlight directly to 5v it's fine.
Any help?
Did you check the pin-out of both screens?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Maybe a bad header or something?
The strange thing is that ili is working fine.
Ssd is working "almost" fine if I connect pin19 from tft shield to tft led backlight, but refuses to boot if I connect the cable from dimming circuit.
There is something in dimming circuit that affects SSD screen and doesn't affect the ILI one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Led light less bright when connected to controller

Hi All,
Facing some issue with the LED lights have build along with this controller.
I have 15x3w LED’s, 3 each hooked to mean-well LDD700H. 12v8amp PSU.
If i connect PSU directly to the LDD, i get enough light intensity.
But when i connected through the controller the LED doesn't give 100% brightness even though i keep the light bar on the controller to full 100%. The light is not even half of what i get when connect directly to PSU.
Help appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks Fietsenrex,
Yes i have connected the ground of PSU to Arduino as i am able to control the intensity of the LED's from the controller. The issue is if i set 100% intensity on the controller it is still very low as compared to directly giving 12v to the LDD700H. This LED are Cree 3W.
I read the current on the output of LDD700, its 690mA when powering directly with12v(without PWM) and the same when i connect the controller(PWM) i get just 20mA which is way too low.
Need to know if their are any settings in the code.

1821 - 1840 of 2157 Posts