I do have the TFT shield with the SD card, but I couldn't get the SD part working. That's why I got the little $3 stand alone SD reader. I'm assuming it was my own inexperience and lack of knowledge that was making it not work, so I am also hoping this shield makes it work for me. For exactly the reason you state.Very good find on the new TFT shield, I really like he white silk screen too. Too bad you didn't get the screen with an SD card holder (like this one http://usd.dx.com/product/arduino-c...h-sensor-screen-module-901145725#.U8XqWonn8m8) to clean up a lot more of those wires.
Yeah, live and learn with electronics. I'm 90% certain I fried my touch screen by neglecting to use resistors. As I mentioned 10 days ago, I didn't notice until I was a ways along that I had not put them on. I thought it might be fine since everything was working great.Looks cool. I got my dad to play with the Arduino now too. He kill his uno usb connection. We think it's because he didn't use a diode to to protect the board from his stepper motor.
It'll be especially cool if it actually works!Now that is cool. I haven't seen anyone else do that.
Go for it! Here is a link to some code that should make it work: MPX5700 Pressure Sensorneat sensor.
Do you mind if I steal the idea so my site? I have a whole section dedicated to sensors/components so it's easier to find.
That's kind of what I was thinking. Also not sure how check valves between the bubble counter and the reactor affect things. We will see once I get it in my hands for testing. I'll report my findings back in here. I'm really hoping I can make it work.You could put the sensor between the regulator and the needle valve. That pressure should always be the setpoint of the low side of the regulator.
The pressure between the needle valve and reactor will depend on back pressure of the reactor, and may be very little.
Ha! True enough! Well, I'm somebody who does usually finish things, but feature creep can happen. Right now I'm on hold until the replacement screen gets here, so I have time to putz. I also put a deadline on myself for completion at the end of summer, so I'm doing alright. It's also nice that I have a controller already ramping my lights and running my dosing pumps for me.It seems like with a lot of these builds, and I am definitely included in this, we keep finding more and more cool stuff to test, measure, and control, so the building never ends and the thing never actually winds up in our tank.
That's funny because I did the same thing. I eventually had to go to a Mega on mine because the I2C bus to the screen was unreliable causing lockup issues. Now I have 2 extra Uno's and a screen that I will use to prototype a menu as soon as my summer class ends. I'm having a really tough time wrapping my head around the input side of this and it will be very good to have an extra one.Ha! True enough! Well, I'm somebody who does usually finish things, but feature creep can happen. Right now I'm on hold until the replacement screen gets here, so I have time to putz. I also put a deadline on myself for completion at the end of summer, so I'm doing alright. It's also nice that I have a controller already ramping my lights and running my dosing pumps for me.
I actually bought an extra 2560 Mega, along with several other extra parts, and will probably buy an extra screen to allow me to continue development and tweaking without having to steal my controller back all the time. I want to be able to continually evolve the project, but I don't want to keep taking everything apart and interrupting what it's doing. Once it's in place, it needs to be stable.