The Planted Tank Forum banner

2121 - 2140 of 2156 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im Peter in Slovakia
I buy components in IAqua TFT display is ok or touch not working mi TFT is TFT_320QVT_9341 please help me

Im Peter in Slovakia my english is a weak hope you understand?

I bought all the components on iAqua all works, but I have switched the right side from the left side when I touch for example Setting Open home when I touch home open settings
You can help me with the problem?
It's a great project thank you for your work

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyoe

Does anyone have a list of libraries and versions that work with the MrAqua code from MrMan or the original iAqua code from AnotherHobby?
I have tried both, as I have all the original files that are no longer available here, as well as the files from MrMan (MrAqua code https://github.com/NineteenFire/MrAqua).

I required the parts years ago, but got stuck as I could never get it to read the images from the SD card and thus it wouldn't even reach the start screen.
My coding skills have improved slightly and I have some time to look at it again now, and I have enough parts to make two of these controllers given that I could get the code to work.

I would be very happy to give a small donation (if this is permitted here) to whomever could give me the info of which libraries (and versions), as well as which version of the arduino IDE to use.
I have been trying to make this controller since 2016, and I have sufficient parts to make two complete controllers the way AnotherHobby built it.
I am considering to get some MrAqua shields made, if I can get the controller to work. If so I might get a few extra to give as a thanks.

Any help would be very gratefully accepted.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello M8 ...

Here the libraries I use :

<avr/wdt.h> v ?????
<Wire.h> v ????
<EEPROM.h> v ???
This three libraries are not found in my directory /libraries/ maybe built-in libraries ???
<UTFT.h> v 2.83
<SdFat.h> v 1.1.0 (SdFat requires Arduino 1.6x or greater)
<UTFT_SdRaw.h> v 1.2.4 (You will need UTFT v2.41 or higher)
<URTouch.h> v 2.02
<DS1307RTC.h> v 1.4.1
<TimeLib.h> v July 3 2011 (part of Time library)
<TimeAlarms.h> v 1.5
<IRremote.h> v 2.4.0.b
<OneWire.h> v 2.3.4
<DallasTemperature.h> Built-in
<Adafruit_PWMServoDriver.h> v 2.0.0

I use the version 1.8.9 of the Arduino IDE.
If you don't find one or other of the libraries, drop me your Email adress and I send you mine version

Regards
Serge

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, Serge!

Thanks a ton for your reply!
I'll have a look tomorrow.
Are you using the MrAqua code from MrMan?

Cheers
Morten

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello Morten..

Yes quite. I'm using the Github code you mentioned above.
It must work, there is no reason !!!:laugh2:

Friendships
Serge

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, It does indeed, and I'm positively over the moon today!!
Thanks so much for your help Serge!
Turned out (at least now) to be poor folder management, as the libraries where not in folders with the same name as the library. This meant that the Arduino IDE did not recognize the libraries, and thus didn't add them to the sketch when compiling. Took me a few hours to find out, as the same was true for the MrAqua sketch that thus had been moved to a sub-folder with the same name, away from the other partial sketches and fonts

To avoid people having newbie mistakes like me:

Make sure that the libraries are in folders, that I called the same as the library. The Arduino IDE is very particular about this.
for instance. If the "Arduino-Temperature-Control-Library-master" is downloaded, then make sure to rename the folder "DallasTemperature" (as it contains the DallasTemperature.h library)
Same with "Arduino-IRremote-master", make sure you rename the folder "IRremote" as it contains the "IRremote.h" library.
Same goes for many of the libraries, but also the MrAqua.ino file. If you don't rename the folder to MrAqua, then the IDE will tell you to put the sketch in a sub-folder and it will no longer have access to the alarms.ino Screens.ino startups.ino and touch.ino sketches, thus it will not compile.

If you rename the folders correctly, then it will work with all of the updated libraries (to date) as well as the current version of the Arduino IDE (V 1.8.12)

These are the library versions that I have successfully used today:

Build in libraries (part of the Arduino IDE):
Using library Wire at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.8.2\libraries\Wire
Using library EEPROM at version 2.0 in folder: C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.8.2\libraries\EEPROM

Libraries that need to be added (most are provided with the code by MrMan (the MrAqua code):
Using library UTFT in folder: C:\Users\...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\UTFT (legacy)
Using library SdFat at version 1.1.2 in folder: C:\Users\...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SdFat
Using library SPI at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.8.2\libraries\SPI
Using library UTFT_SdRaw at version 1.2.4 in folder: C:\Users\...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\UTFT_SdRaw
Using library URTouch in folder: C:\Users\...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\URTouch (legacy)
Using library DS1307RTC at version 1.4.1 in folder: C:\Users\...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DS1307RTC
Using library DS3232RTC at version 1.2.10 in folder: C:\Users\...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DS3232RTC
Using library Time at version 1.6 in folder: C:\Users\...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time
Using library TimeAlarms at version 1.5 in folder: C:\Users\...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TimeAlarms
Using library IRremote at version 2.2.3 in folder: C:\Users\...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\IRremote
Using library OneWire at version 2.3.5 in folder: C:\Users\...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\OneWire
Using library DallasTemperature at version 3.8.1 in folder: C:\Users\...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DallasTemperature
Using library Adafruit_PWMServoDriver at version 2.3.1 in folder: C:\Users\...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_PWMServoDriver

The code written by MrMan and almost all of the libraries is provided here:
https://github.com/NineteenFire/MrAqua

If you get compiling errors:
Check your folders and make sure the folder names are correct, and that you have installed all of the libraries.

If you get a blank white screen when powering on after uploading the code:
1. check if you have chosen the correct screen model here (SSD1289 might not be correct for you screen)
UTFT myGLCD(SSD1289,38,39,40,41); // start up an instance of the TFT screen
The UTFT folder (libraries) contains a list of supported models in the subfolder "Documents", test each one out using the sample code (much faster to upload) until you find the correct one.
2. If you find the correct controller for your screen, but the screen will not load unless you take the SD card out (will load without the images from the SD card), then try to format the SD card. It needs to be formatted to FAT32, not FAT like the original code by Another Hobby.

If you don't have touch functionality when the controller reaches the home screen (including showing the images from the SD card):
1. Did you add the inputs and outputs including the RTC? If no, then thats why
2. If it still doesn't do anything when you tap the screen then you might have missed this part:
URTouch myTouch(46,45,44,43,42); // start up an instance of for touch
//URTouch myTouch(6, 5, 4, 3, 2); // For standard TFT shield
(choose where your touch is connected)

If it still does not work, then ask in here :)

Now. I'm so exited to finish this project. I've sent an email to my campus today, to get some help using the 3D printers that we students can freely use (I've never used one before).
Would love to complement my controller with this fine box soon :D
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2791517

Best wishes and endless gratitude for an absolutely amazing controller!

Cheers!
Morten

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Serge,

Great. Love that it works now! Thank you so much for the help! The problem was my folder management ( I didn't rename the library folders and the sketch folder correctly, thus it didn't recognize either properly...)
I made a long post yesterday, but it said that my post was sent in to review or something, and it seems that it is still not appearing here. I don't know why. Anyways, thank you so much!
I will look into getting some PCB made for this project.
For now, I will make a couple of controllers that work the way that Another Hobby made them with the added hardware to support the extra features.
I also just booked one of the 3D printers that we can use for free at my university, so I can print the case previously shared in this thread (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2791517).
I have to print 0,15 layers instead of ,1 layers though, as print times will be longer than permitted. But hey, at least I get the case for free :D

I will try to test things out. I ordered quite a few bits now and I will test some different ways of setting things up. Also ordered some solid state relays. They don't offer the same universality that the mechanical relays offer, but they are silent and don't use a fraction of the power compared to the mechanical relays. I think they would make a nice addition.

Again, thank you so much, for your help. I won't forget.

Best regards
Morten

·
Registered
8 Posts
where did you print or build this board from file PCB

thanks mr.man
this my board with mr.man schematic, but uln 2003 ic not fit inboard feet to small, but is ok.

can any guys help how to change code pin TFT and Utouch to standart pin 7,6,5,4,3.
LED PWM Drive only via PCA9685

thanks
where did you print or build this board from file PCB
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has any one had issues with the dosing side of things not working with the schedule? I can get it to work manually but not with tge schedule.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Don't know if anyone is interested, but I am clearing out a ton of IoT related stuff that would be useful for anyone doing a DIY Aquarium Controller.

Atlas-Scientific stuff and an absolute ton of Arduino Stuff in two separate auctions.. It just seems wrong not to point it out to the DIYs here building their own aquarium controllers... So you will have to send me PMs to ask about the auctions as it is against policy to include the links here..

So there are two auctions of interest:

The first is for all of the Automation and Controls / Internet of Things:

The second auction is for all of my Atlas-Scientific Water Quality instruments / sensors / transmitters:

I hope someone is able to make use of all of this great material. Maybe I’ll sell some tools too (soldering stations, electrical meters, cradles, etc…) at some point..

I'm building my own controller using a RaspberryPi4, Node-RED, and Atlas-Scientific i2c Sensors and NCD i2c Expansion boards... so yeah.. I don't need the stuff above. I'll post a separate thread about this thing shortly... It's just in it's infancy... But above is a link to the Gallery here where I have a snap shot from a few days ago of it's quick and dirty Node-RED dashboard on the small 7" PI4 screen (when I'm done, it will be run in Kiosk mode and loose all of the Chromium stuff that is taking up so much real estate).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oho, a Pi controller, was waiting for one of those to pop up!
I've been beating myself up with hard to chew arduino code,
Node-RED seems a bit more pleasant to deal with.
Hook me up with a link if you have a thread somewhere. ;)

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I mainly posted to show the Arduino stuff I have for sale for anyone building the iAqua (Auction closes in 5 hours, looks like I'll get $200usd for the Arduino stuff... someone's getting a great deal)....

I wont' elaborate more on my controller on this thread... I'll start another thread soon.... Just look for my User Name. For now, I have some initial code posted on a thread I started on SimplyDiscus (DIY Control - RaspberryPi4 - Raspbian - NodeRED - AtlasSci Inst - NCD ExpI/O over i2c) ...

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Oho, a Pi controller, was waiting for one of those to pop up!
I've been beating myself up with hard to chew arduino code,
Node-RED seems a bit more pleasant to deal with.
Started a Controller build thread on the Node-RED forums. It's very focused on the Atlas-Scientific i2c sensors and getting data in and out. Lots of progress has been made. I'm even doing control over relays on an i2c expansion board as well... So presently no GPIO on the Raspberry Pi is being used... it's all networked sensors/devices on the i2c bus.

Sonora Technical's Aquarium Controller w/ Node-RED, RaspberryPI and Atlas-Sci.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I already have most of the materials for this laying around so im just gonna push through with it for the hell of it. :')

Some details about this O2Surplus board have me a little confused though..

So here's the circuit. A few things struck me as a little odd about this design;

1. Why does it take 24v? Wouldn't it be easier to just omit the UA7812 and run the whole thing on a single 12v powersource along with the arduino mega? Personally I'm thinking I will just leave that regulator off, jump the legs and run a wire to the arduinos VIn pin. That way I can just feed it 12v and let the power aggregate from the shield to everything else. Only one powerjack needed, and one less heatsource. Would there be any reasons not to do this?

2. Which leads me to the second thing I found odd; Why is the shield feeding power to the arduino 5V pin? If this is intended to bypass the arduinos 5v regulator and power the board, isn't this generally considered a bad idea?

3. The PWM control, can I just plop some N-Fets on there and run some LED strips? Or would that be too simple?

·
Registered
12,233 Posts
ok, just a few points for discussion:
Think the input power is "less than (or equal)" to 24v.
max input voltage on the 5v and 12v regulator is 25v. 30v respectively.
min for 12v reg is 14.5
sooo.
Limit on the on board voltage regulator(s)
http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/ua...ll-mousermode-df-pf-null-wwe&ts=1588909844326

PWM was designed to run either Meanwell LDD's or his own drivers.
sooo sure using digital MOSFETs is prob fine.
Strips run constant voltage though and constant current drive is preferred.

Believe Aduinos 5V bus current is limiting..

Never known him to not have a good reason for something... He's missed...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Think the input power is "less than (or equal)" to 24v.
max input voltage on the 5v and 12v regulator is 25v. 30v respectively.
min for 12v reg is 14.5
sooo.
Limit on the on board voltage regulator(s)
http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/ua...ll-mousermode-df-pf-null-wwe&ts=1588909844326
I know it wont let me use a 12v powersource unless I simply bypass it. So my choices are running this with 2 different power supplies, or just omitting that 12v regulator with a bypass and powering the whole thing on a single 12v. ..I presume? I do have 24v available for my lights, but for both wiring and heat generating it seems nicer not to use the 7812?

PWM was designed to run either Meanwell LDD's or his own drivers.
sooo sure using digital MOSFETs is prob fine.
Strips run constant voltage though and constant current drive is preferred.
What circuit is meant to go on that PWM output then?
I didn't come across it reading this thread?

Believe Aduinos 5V bus current is limiting..
I'm not sure what you mean by that?
The 5v on the shield should not connect to the 5v on the ardruino I think?
The shield 5v is meant to replace the arduino 5v?

Never known him to not have a good reason for something... He's missed...
Ive heard great things about him..

2121 - 2140 of 2156 Posts