The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 12x6x6 1.5g tank. I have a HOB filter and a Hydor UG heater. I will have a 33 LED fixture on the tank. I have flourite as substrate. Id really like to plant carpeting plant. What do you suggest for a beginner such as myself. dont believe Im gonna use Co2. However, I will dose Excel if necessary. Anymore advice would be great.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just purchased some weeping moss and am looking for some java moss. Do you think they will work? Also, Id like to drape some along my driftwood.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I just purchased some weeping moss and am looking for some java moss. Do you think they will work? Also, Id like to drape some along my driftwood.
java moss would work as a carpet, but it kind of grows in all directions. if you want something that looks like grass and is a moss, i would use flame moss or fissidens (phoenix moss?). i just started using fissidens (tied to stainless steel mesh) in my 6G tank to carpet part of the tank. and i use flame moss as part of my moss tree.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.