The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whether it's drawings or paintings, or Photoshoppings, I just want to see some planted aquarium art. I'm not much of an artist, but I like taking some interesting pictures and running them through a couple of filters to make it look like a drawing or a painting. But I want to see what you real artists are coming up with.

I'll go ahead and post a few I've done, even if they are elementary at best, just to get it started:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hey I drew a few, they aren't as cool as yours but I hand drew it. I basically plan what I want my tank to look like in the end so I draw it on paper. I don't put as much time into it as I would like but I am a bit impatient at times... I was too lazy to color the background.

Give me a minute to upload them...

OK DONE. This is how my ten gallon would look like if I was better at growing things:

Here's an older one I made...

Ambulia and milfoil are harder to draw than you would expect...

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right now I use them as windows wallpaper, but that's a good idea!

Here are a couple more:

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
seds, I forgot to say I love your drawings! Thank you for contributing to the thread! And oldpunk, thanks for trying! :)

Here are a few more. These are my favorites, and get cycled as my windows desktop:

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, thanks guys! Once again, they are just photos that I took, usually on a cellphone, that were crappy and useless as just photos. So I run them through some image filters, and clean up some blemishes, maybe tweak the color balance. That's all. So I don't call myself an artist. More like a plain ol' computer geek. :hihi:

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And I know I'm not the only one that does nerdy stuff like that, or even cool stuff like painting their planted tanks on canvas. So scan them in and post them here please! There's been quite a few views of this thread, so I know I'm not the only one who wants to see this stuff.

It can be anything other than just straight-up photos of planted tanks... drawings, paintings, a shoebox diorama, WHATEVER! Maybe a sculpture? A wood-whittlin'?

(lol, a shoebox diorama actually sounds cool...)

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Wow, thanks guys! Once again, they are just photos that I took, usually on a cellphone, that were crappy and useless as just photos. So I run them through some image filters, and clean up some blemishes, maybe tweak the color balance. That's all. So I don't call myself an artist. More like a plain ol' computer geek. :hihi:
I like your work Church. Here's my attempt :tongue:.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice guys! I like the watercolor style. I can never find the right type of photo to get those to look right for me. I usually start with photos that are somewhat blurry, and I think that interferes with the watercolor filter for me.

I've also tried some stained glass filters that always look too bizarre in the end. I have luck with chalk filters sometimes, and dry brush more often. Mosaics look cool, but they are a little "flat" for me.

·
Registered
397 Posts
EAT THIS PUNKS

If this is a photoshop thread, photoshop yea shall recieve.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's not technically supposed to be a photoshop thread... I am actually hoping to see more actual paintings and drawings, much like your earlier ones!

But I do like those photoshoppings, I must admit.

I'm going to do a diorama, I swear!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I thought you actually painted the pictures you showed us. lol

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No, haha, in my first post I explain that I am NOT an artist, and I would like to see what REAL artists are able to do. I was only trying to get the thread going, so I posted those. This can be a photoshop thread, I don't care. I just don't want it to be a photography thread.

I can draw stick figures.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I been very tempted latley to do a painting of a planted tank but I need to get a bigger canvas, the ones I got now are kinda small for what I have in mind ..... Once I get a round of making one and if it will turn out good enough I will post it :) But I really would love to see some paintings though... :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts