The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I had a bunch of differnt kinds of shrimp in my 58 w/ Discus whem it was laoded with Baby's Tears & they had plenty of hiding space. After I thinned it out the only ones that hang in there are Japonica. So it's kind of a "no".

Tommy <9))>>{

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
You may luck out if you keep the discus well fed and keep plenty of hiding spots for the shrimp. Everyone told me that my RCS would never last in my 90g, as the clown loaches would surely eat them. None of the 3 clowns even bothers them. I've seen the shrimp swim right by the mouth and they don't even bat an eye. Cichlids, admittedly, are a little different. It may be doable, but do you really want to risk it?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think they will work if you have a large tank and alot of hiding space. I have a 180 gallon with 9 adult discus and they dont even eat from the bottom only the surface. The shrimp spend most of their time at the bottom. However the clown loach does it all my shrimp in the 90 gallon. They ate the amano shrimps to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.