The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife finally had enough of me taking over the house.

She asked me nicely last week to do some cleaning up.

After 8 years since moving to North Carolina, here's what I found pulling out from a closet downstairs ...

These are only 75% done so far ... need at least another day to go before going up to the upstairs closet ... :help:

18 unused heaters from 100 to 400W. Some are brand new.

14 unused light fixtures from 24 inch to 48 inch

14 unused nets from some very tiny to extra extra extra large

6 unused fry boxes

Ton of unused power and canister filters

A now messy once beautiful guess room

She said she was gonna spend sometimes tomorrow to find THE AAA ( stands for Aquarium Addiction Anonymous) in my area to help me with my addiction ... :help:

Do you guys think I need help?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe you should buy a shed and use it as your aquarium room :red_mouth I'm with the triple stand. I live in nc and would not mind scooping up some stuff from your hands.
Once again, puh leaz, don't give me more idea. My wife is gonna kill me ... :icon_roll

More shrimp tanks and racks in another room ...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Unless this hobby is taking time away from your work or family then it's fine.
However in your case with all those extra equipment that you forgot about, I think you should think twice before buying anything next time :p

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Save 1 or 2 of theisted items (heater, light, filter, net) and sell the rest off, get some extra $ to put back into the hobby, and not get more of the same again until you need it .

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm down to only 9 tanks at the moment! I gave in and cleaned out some of my failed experiments last weekend before we had a party. My wife is <slightly> less upset about my hobby now.

Of course, I did buy 19 fish and a mystery snail today. Petsmart had ottos and cories for $1 ea :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sell some stuff you don't need and buy your wife something nice she will love that :)

But yeah man If I had all that stuff I would really consider opening a small lfs. Then you could have all the stuff you want and it not all be in the house. You prolly already have a job though to have all that stuff in the first place lol.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm not in the same exact boat, but my hubby started thinking about how much I've spent in just the last year on aquarium stuff. I'm trying to slowly sell off my stuff as package deals on craigslist. I'm down to just a 29 needing to be for sale. Right now I have a empty 55/stand in my garage, a 46 bow, a 5.5 and a mini-m I got used. I really want a 12 long instead of either one of my small aquariums. Maybe that'll be my next investment and sell off the 2 small ones.

Anyone know how long that petsmart sale goes for? Thinking about heading out to my local store tomorrow. The worst part is that I have a $35 petco giftcard .. grr LOL

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.