The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had tanks for 30+ years then last month I sold my last one off. I miss the daily routine of feeding and maintenance of the tanks, it is kinda like if someone said that you don't have to brush your teeth anymore you would miss the daily habit, but I have the memories of the Plants and fish that I have kept over the years.
One of my favorite layout was the river tank, all the intakes were at one end of the 55 gallon tank and the filtered water, power heads were at the other end of the tank. This made the plants bend and flow with the single current in the tank. One problem was that the fish seamed to all face the same way up stream if you want to call it that.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, I could not belive I sold it too, but that was after it was gone. I was having problems with BGA carpeting everything, my to filters died on me, my Fluval 304 was a big loss so I lost my inline CO2 reactor so I got a bubbler then my co2 tank went dry. Then I got thrown into being a care-giver something had to go on a week moment I posted it and all my equipment for 150 dollars, it sold in 2 days before I could change my mind. Nice guy he has 2 other salt water tanks but he is going use a 60 gallon tall for his turtle, what ever.

·
Registered
349 Posts
wow, I'd go nuts being cooped up with the COVID situation and not being able to relax with my tanks..
The river tank sounds pretty cool.. Most fish face the same direction, just like your tank, in the wild. They typically only change direction to chase down food, then face "upstream" again to look for more prey...

Reactions: Ramirezi

·
Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
318 Posts
Me too can't imagine not having a tank. What would life be like?????.......

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
That's one of the things that always makes me feel cozy wherever I live.. Being able to look across the room and see a nice planted tank! Been hooked on it for years and don't ever see me not having one. And if not a planted tank, at least just a fish tank obviously. When we moved at the end of last year, I was so bummed when I had to tear mine down and wasn't able to set it back up for two or three months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.