The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It a way it's good but at the same time it's bad, I can never leave my tanks alone for more than a couple weeks. The good thing though is that Im constantly upgrading and making things look better since Im constantly learning, mainly from this site.

It's the same tank, substrate, filter, and light that I had before. The only things I have changed are fish, plants, and rocks. I used some rock that I saved from my old 55G that I no longer have.

For fish I have four neon tetras, also kept those from my 55G. I wanted to go with harlequin rasboras but, I couldn't find any healthy ones locally so I just settled for my timid yet colorful neons.

I took a ton of java fern and used a rubber band to attach it along this piece of slate, I did that twice to give a layered and already grown in effect. Still have the glosso and it's growing, . . okay for not having the ferts or C02 I need. Been dying to get some hairgrass and last night I finally found some and already I love the look so much, although right off the bat this stuff doesn't like to stay down.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Nice little tank. That is the light I am using over the 1.5g that you have and I have glad to see that glosso will grow under that light I was a bit worried about it but should have mine any day now. I keep the light a bit closer to the tank but i am assuming to get uniform light on that tank since its bigger you have to raise it a bit.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
neat, i think that java fern will outgrow the tank quick under moderate lighting.
the glosso is gonna be sweet though.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No ferts or C02 at the moment because I can't afford C02, don't want to go DIY and I haven't order the greg watson ferts yet, lazy. Eco-complete as a substrate.

Im not sure if glosso is easier to grow than HC but, I think glosso is more demanding of C02 which is why mine isn't exploding.

Because of the way the light adjusts I can't place it any closer without the light facing at an angle. In other words, that's as close as I can get it and still keep the light level. I've though about building a wooden platform to raise the tank up a bit but, Im not sure atm.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Looks good! I heard that glosso doesn't grow low to the ground without CO2 or higher light. I've seen it grow upwards and not outwards.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
yep, a wood platform would work, in fact, it would be neat to make one that looked like it came with the fancy tank:)
then you could build some kind of canopy too, but that could be more challenging because you would need to either accomadate the light, or leave the canopy roof open.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts