1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah~ BABY~
next monday i have to pick up my 125gal tank , wood capony and stand
thats gonna be huge and i wonder if i can put them in my car
im driving a Murano , and do you think i can put 125gal tank in my car?
also do i have to put all at once or i have to make 85mile trip twice?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Worst case you make seperate trips for aquarium and stand. if you have access to a piece of plywood a little longer and wider than the tank, it would be good to put that under the tank in order to insulate it from any uneveness in the floor. Stresses can cause leaks.

If you can fit all in the car at once, ensure that nothing can slide into, fall on, or press on the tank. Better safe than sorry.

+1 on the strong friends. Heavy stuff, a little mis-step can cause big problems.

·
Registered
553 Posts
The tank is six foot long, so you will have to roll down the back seats to get it into the back. That means less seats for your buddies. You're probally better off borrowing a van.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Yeah, you definitely won't be able to get it on one trip and probably won't be able to fit it in at all. You don't want too much of the tank unsupported or else it'll put stress on glass and seams. As mentioned you'll probably want three buddies to help you carry it. That's a lot of glass for just two people. Best find a buddy with a truck and buy him a case of beer.

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
Yeah, you definitely won't be able to get it on one trip and probably won't be able to fit it in at all. You don't want too much of the tank unsupported or else it'll put stress on glass and seams. As mentioned you'll probably want three buddies to help you carry it. That's a lot of glass for just two people. Best find a buddy with a truck and buy him a case of beer.
85 miles one way? Fill his gas tank when you're done, and a case of beer, and another case of beer, and one more case of beer if he drives, and doesn't just give you the keys.

·
Are these real?
15,698 Posts
Really simple... just get the dimensions of the tank and stand, take a measuring tape, and do some measuring in the back of your Murano. If you can remove the rear seats you should have enough length, even if it sticks out back a little. Assuming the tank is 18in deep, the stand maybe 20? Add some slack and measure away. Height of the stand could be an issue if the back opening of your car is tapered somewhat.

You and another strong person, plus the seller, should be able to carry the tank. I moved a 100gal tank on my own, lol. I set one end on a trash can with wheels, and grabbed the other side and pushed it where I needed it. :hihi:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Two strong men will have no problems as long as no stairs are involved...

I just moved a 150 with just me (age 30) and my dad (age 50). We needed to go down a flight of steps, then stand it up vertical and then lean it in a doorway.

I am still bruised on my legs... 2 weeks later..

Good Luck...

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
85 miles one way? Fill his gas tank when you're done, and a case of beer, and another case of beer, and one more case of beer if he drives, and doesn't just give you the keys.
I could do it for all that beer:biggrin:. Too bad you are not closer:icon_cry:.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts