The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty, so i'm in a tough spot here, i've currently got 4 Rummynose tetras, i had 6 but 1 was a fish that was, and had always, been a loner, and another was a fish that just looked plain old different (1 is dead and the other is MIA, assumed dead), so the thing i need a suggestion on is where to proceed to go with my tank and it's inhabitants, i want to keep my Angel, 4 Panda Cory's and 6 cherry barbs, as well as my Bolivian Ram and 2 Warrior Neons (Neon Tetra's which i have Dubbed the 2 Warriors).

I have already selected some fish that could go, the 4 Rummynose, 2 Peppered Cory's and my dwarf gourami, now for my Options...

I can Add more rummynose to get my school up to 10 and remove the pepperd Cory's

I can Take out the Rummy's, dwarf gourami and cory's and get like 10 or so more cherry barbs

I can take out the Gourami and Rummy's and get 3 Sparkling Gourami's and another Bolivian Ram

Or i could leave it as is, i'm not too fond of this idea though.

Any Advice would be Greatly Appreciated, i want to go somewhere, but i don't know where

·
Registered
964 Posts
IMO, i love minimum species in a tank + cleanup crew. The fewer species means more of a single species, and especially with schooling fish like rummies, they look amazing when in a group. You can't get that behaviour when you dont have very many nor does it look as dramatic.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMO, i love minimum species in a tank + cleanup crew. The fewer species means more of a single species, and especially with schooling fish like rummies, they look amazing when in a group. You can't get that behaviour when you dont have very many nor does it look as dramatic.
I must admit, i do like the schooling aspect, but i like the Cherry barbs a lot to, so Active and they even seem to have a playful nature, i'm leaning more towards the adding more cherrybarbs, mabey 6 and 3 sparkling gourami's they look really cool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.