The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May seem like an odd request as everyone writes about how to get rid of these little guys but...

I need snails. I have a very hungry dwarf puffer and one extremely ferocious figure 8 puffer. I cant seem to feed them enough snails. I have exhausted the population of all of my tanks and the tanks at my local planted tank store….

Is there somewhere where I can buy them or does anyone want to donate some to my cause? I will pay for shipping….

Thanks

·
Registered
477 Posts
Just found http://www.thesnailstore.com

However if anyone wants to make any donations.....
A little off topic but that website's prices are a little steep. They want $9.00 each for dwarf cajun crayfish. I wouldn't buy from them if you're just going to feed the snails to your fish.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow! With all of your replies, i can probably put http://www.thesnailstore.com out of business. Not that I would....

I really appreciate all of the donations. Thus far I have secured over 100 snails. That should do the trick for the time being. I will populate some non puffer tanks and start a little snail farm. When and if I run out, i will probably contact all of you for more donations.

Thanks Again...

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
not to be a nag, but i hope you don't have the DP and Fig 8 in the same tank. they'll be ok for a lil while, but the fig8 needs brackish, the DP needs fresh, the fig 8 may end up eating your DP, and if not, the DP will kill the fig8.

I found my DP likes brine shrimp more than anything. he won't eat snails unless they are newborn and he's hungry. i would try frozen foods if i were you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the advice. They are in different tanks in different cities so I cant see how they could fight :)

My DP wont eat anything except live blood worms or small snails. He is afraid of brine shrimp....

Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Wow, this was a fabulous post - who would figure so many snails available out there... :icon_roll I have only one tank out of 9 that has any snails - and if anyone still wants to lighten their load of MTS, I would be happy to help them "clean house" and will pay shipping! PM me with details??

Thanks in advance everyone!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.