The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fear the Swamp!
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm writing a research paper on Cryptocoryne wendtii for school. I'm looking for some pics of Crypt melting, preferably a Crypt wendtii melting. I need a nice crisp photo, doesn't need to be professional although I certainly won't turn it down. The finished product will only be turned in to my professor for a grade, nothing published. Credit will be given to the photographer/hobbiest. If you can photoshop your name on to the pic, that would be even better. :proud:

If you have any real nice pics of Crypt wendtii (not melting) in an aquascape, that would also be appreciated. :icon_bigg

A jpeg image (or similar) is preferred. I'll provide my email address by pm. This paper is due next Friday, Oct 30. I would like to have any (or all) pics by Wednesday, Oct 28.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
The wendtii that I have grown were all pretty tough and I have never had one melt. Have you considered inducing this response somehow. For wendtii you might have to do something harsh like put it in the fridge overnight or something like that.

·
Fear the Swamp!
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I had some extras laying around I might try that. I figured someone out there may have some nice photos of crypt melt and would be willing to share.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Would you be interested in pictures of emersed healthy plants at all? I have a 'Tropica' that is looking pretty good right now and I could try to get a shot of it if I can remember.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I just had a bunch of it melt off recently...didn't get any pictures of it. If you had been looking for this last week I could have gotten you lots of photos lol... Mine just finally stopped melting and started growing back. I got a huge one at Walmart of all places, and it melted down to nothing after I put it in my tank. When I got it, the leaves were a neat mottled green and brownish yellow and red, but it's growing back plain green. I guess the colors were because it wasn't in good shape.

·
Fear the Swamp!
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, that's my problem. Everything stopped melting and has been growing back with some vigor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts