The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am looking for some starter cultures of microworms, grindalworms, daphnia, almost anything small enough for tiny 1/2-3/4 inch fish to eat. I recieved some microworms from a generous member here, unfortunately my culture crashed when I went on vacation.
This is for my new galaxy rasboras. they will eat flake, but I want to give them some live foods to help condition them for breeding. They aren't too keen on the adult brine shrimp from the LFS- its almost too big for them!
Lemme know what you have and the price... It would be great if someone has a variety, so i can order from one person.. if not, thats okay too!
Thanks!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the link!
You are right.. I'll have to wait a couple weeks eh? Its been below freezing here all month. Supposed to get up to the 40's sometime soon though! hahaha.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
If you want daphnia, I can send you a starter culture when the weather gets warm.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Have you tried hatching brine shrimp eggs? They're great food when freshly hatched, unlike the adults that have little nutritional value.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Have you tried hatching brine shrimp eggs? They're great food when freshly hatched, unlike the adults that have little nutritional value.
Live baby brine shrimp are one of the best foods for small fish. Just about every single captive bred fish in the hobby is raised on it. It's a great live food because you can store a can of eggs in the fridge and only hatch them out as you need them. Mine hatch in 24 hours at 82 degrees.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts