The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I noticed this white stuff growing on my driftwood out of nowhere, I’ve had that driftwood since I started my tank sometime early 2020. I’ve been doing my usual maintenance in the tank: changing water and vacuuming gravel. My parameters are all normal 0 nitrites, 0 ammonia between 0 and 5 nitrates, my pH has always been 7.5 Should I be worried it will harm my fish? How would I get rid of it it’s been about a month that it’s been in my tank I tried to scrub it off with an unused tooth brush even wiped it down with a new rag just for the tank. And it’s has come back time and time again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
75g, 33L, 2g and play tanks
614 Posts
My first thought was maybe a fungus. From quick internet searches it likely a slime which can include fungus.

This was the more informational site I scanned. White is at the bottom of the page.

Unfortunately I dont have any experiences to share. Good luck! Post what you do for others to follow!

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is most likely fungus.
One of my friends warned me about this.
I think you should just siphon it out as it could be a harm to your plants.
Im very sure because that looks like spider wood.

Dont worry, this isn’t much of a problem.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Do you have any shrimp or grazing fish like hillstream loaches, otos, or plecos? They should love eating that type of stuff. Fungus usually isn't that harmful to the tank inhabitants, it's mostly just aesthetically unpleasing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.