The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a few bunches of these plants but the store didn't have them labeled. Anyone know what they are?

Sorry for the crappy picks it's the best I can do with my camera and with the room lighting.

This one is more blueish in person. Still green though

And this one

And finally my favorite one in the bunch the leaves under are pink

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks the guy at the store told me it's really rare. They got in a shipment of 14000 plants and after 4 days of unpacking finally had them in their tanks. I don't think there was anything left him physically or mentally to start labeling all of the plants.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I don't think it's the leaves are not very large nor is there any red leaves
It could be that or ludwigia repens, it has the diamond shaped leaves opposite/alternate with the undulated (jagged) edge and they have green to gold on top with pink to red under. It also looks like it was grown under high light making it compact. Probably No co2 making the leaves smaller

·
Registered
20 Posts
Glad it's been confirmed! With the color of this & many others that vary I believe it's because most the photos you'll find of the plants for sale or shown off in tanks tend to be of prime perfect plants.
I think the current color is pretty tough!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.