The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a co2 system (pretty simple) that I have been using for a while. I now want to setup a couple more high tech tanks. I want to have a really nice co2 setup that will allow multiple tanks to be connected. I have been looking at some of the setups at green leaf aquariums. Does anybody have any of there stuff? I am looking at - http://greenleafaquariums.com/complete-co2-systems/primo-co2-system.html -

Are there any other setups that you would recommend?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what are you looking for specifically? I take money orders.
Well it looks like I will have to stick with paintball tanks because I have spent 5 hours on yellow pages trying to find a place to refill a tank and I can't find one. I called literally 15 places and they had no idea what I was talking about (I asked if they refilled co2, is that uncommon?) or only swapped. I will probably just get a dozen 20oz and get them refilled a lot. Why is it so hard to GET CO2!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I called many welding shops and they always say "exchange only". It feels like people are trying to hide co2 from me. I really don't want to drive 1-2 hours to get gas 2-3 times a year. Not to mention if I get a leak which I have been dealing with lately I will waste $$$ on co2 and gas having to drive and get it. I would probably save money if I packed up and moved somewhere where I can actually find co2 without having to jump through so many hoops.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have an idea but I don't know if it could work. Here it is.

1. Buy 2 cylinders.
2. Take 1 cylinder to swap for a filled one.
3. This is where I don't know how it will work.

*Transfer gas from used swapped tank.

I don't know if this is even possible or what it would take to make it happen.

Some of the reasons I don't want used tanks.

1. I don't have a stand. (it will be out in the open)
2. I have some OCD. (I obsess over used things)
3. I like to know what has been done with it.

If it happens that I can't find a place to fill it, I will just have to swap out. I guess that could be therapeutic.:icon_roll

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All right I have called a couple more places and they won't let me even tag me tank and wait for it to be shipped back. There is a place that will trade 5,20,50 pound tanks. They said a 20 pound would be $22 to fill it up. I guess I am just going to have to settle. Would you get a 5 pound or a 20? I forgot to ask how much a 5 pound cost's to refill.

5 pound $70 - refill $?
20 pound $130 - refill $22

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Sorry to be hard. I have settled on the fact that I will need to swap out for another tank. I just kind of like to have my own stuff. I will just hide it somehow. I find it hard to spend $$$ and then right when it gets to my house I have to take it to a greasy welding shop. I know it is mental and I need to get over it.:hihi:

I have not been able to find a co2 tank locally, and the welding shop was going to try and charge me $125 for a 5 pound cylinder!:icon_mad:

I have now ordered a 5 pound tank from Green Leaf Aquariums! I hope it gets here soon. :icon_lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts