The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 55g Rainbow community tank that im trying to do an anubias tank but so far im lost on how to make it look good i keep buying different pieces just to try and get it how i like and its not working. I have so much anubias in buckets that i bought and not using due to the fact that i cannot figure out what to do with them and im getting tired of wasting money. Well not to bore you guys anymore here are some pics of my tank as of now. I have 10 pieces tied to drifwood waiting for it to attach but for some reason im not liking it could someone help PLz. For this tank i want it open but also alot of swimming space for my fish the main thing i want is it to be higher and not all so low.

Heres a pic Hopefully i get some feed back because i really do need it . THnx.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Maybe you should look into buying new driftwood, often they're the backbone of a scape. The anubias will grow and change so it's impossible to judge a scape before it matures.

For your scape, I'd suggest getting more branchy wood, it'll break up the large chunks and space. In my opinion the two pieces seems like two different scapes. Try by moving them in ways to compliment each other or find more wood to tie the two together visually.

Just my opinion :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im going to work with these pieces because i recently got these and driftwood isnt cheap. In what ways do you think i can move them to compliment each other ? i thought that was the best way i could place them. Could you put light on how to get higher levels with my anubias? to fill up the back ground ?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Maybe move the right piece to the left, slightly of center
Then flip the left piece upside-down and lay it flat next to the right piece so they overlap and form an island shape. Then plant the anubias accordingly onto the wood.

If you want higher levels with the anubias, depending on where you live, and this could improve the look for free, is go rock hunting, To place behind the "island" and attach the leftover anubias from your bucket on top.

If you're not sure if a rock is safe, I've hear of people using PH down and drop a few drops onto the rocks to see if it's safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.