The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a decent needle valve to add on my regulator, but I dont have a clue what makes one better than the other.
What am I looking for?
What are your top 5 favorite models and Why?
what size(1/8 or 1/4)?
Anything else you can think of that would help a person make an informed purchase...

Thanks all

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
ideal 52 1 12 very good nv takes many more turns to go on or off thus more exact rate well worth it if your just going for what works a norm fabco will do the job but what are u going for should be the real question...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To me Co2 is a very important piece to the puzzle and right now I am putting it all together, and I have the time to wait to get what I want, and i want a very reliable piece that is easy to adjust. I already had a paintball setup to a 3$ valve that if you breath wrong it changes BPS. I also dont want to pay twice as much because it sayd swagelok on it. I will pay more if I will be able to feel the difference when I use it.
so more turns is better?

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
Industral grade medium flow or low flow metering valve all work well, swagelok, parker, hoke are some big names,
Ideal, and fabco are good valves also, and they do a great job targeting the planted tank hobbyists.

If you want to know more about the "nano" flow control you can check out the chell mechanism precision needle valve, made in UK, a google search on this valve will direct you to their website. Buy it if cost is not a factor in your consideration.

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
To me Co2 is a very important piece to the puzzle and right now I am putting it all together, and I have the time to wait to get what I want, and i want a very reliable piece that is easy to adjust. I already had a paintball setup to a 3$ valve that if you breath wrong it changes BPS. I also dont want to pay twice as much because it sayd swagelok on it. I will pay more if I will be able to feel the difference when I use it.
so more turns is better?
Swagelok make numerous needle valves, bonet needle valves are not precise, the M series and L series metering valve from swagelok are ok, there are swagelok21, 22 series also good for our application,(the 21 and 22 are discontinued model)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.