The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Setup a Fluval Spec 2 gallon.
I am going to use for Betta Breeding and would like to heat the tank, looking around the web all I find is crappy 25 watt heaters from all over that are either to tall or too expensive. What would be the best heater for this setup(besides room temp)?

Anyone had a good experience with any particular brand?

Thanks!:)
Imi

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
I have no good experience with heaters I like in this size, unfortunately. I actually just went without a heater for the last few years on my nano's.

However, there is a Fluval heater that I am interested in trying. 25 watts. Google "Fluval Edge 25 watt heater". They aren't pricey, the are compact, and they attractive enough. They are preset however to 78 degrees so non adjustable. I plan on trying one when I have a few extra dollars.

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
I use 25 watt hydor heaters in my 2.5g and they been going for year plus and they are small about 6" long?
But I did get one that was broken from the start but amazon refunded me.

-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Marina makes a decent one that heats the water ~7 degrees above ambient temp.
TopFin is hit or miss in terms of quality

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Marina makes a decent one that heats the water ~7 degrees above ambient temp.
TopFin is hit or miss in terms of quality
So it stays at the temp all the time without any adjustments by the user?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I use 25 watt hydor heaters in my 2.5g and they been going for year plus and they are small about 6" long?
But I did get one that was broken from the start but amazon refunded me.

-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"
Yeah I saw the Hydors around the net,it looks pretty good for the cost. Amazon is great about replacement or if someone messes you over too. I like dealing with them.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have no good experience with heaters I like in this size, unfortunately. I actually just went without a heater for the last few years on my nano's.

However, there is a Fluval heater that I am interested in trying. 25 watts. Google "Fluval Edge 25 watt heater". They aren't pricey, the are compact, and they attractive enough. They are preset however to 78 degrees so non adjustable. I plan on trying one when I have a few extra dollars.
Would you be using this for breeding purposes? I am going to be breeding Betta pair in this tank.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It has a knob that allows the temp to be raised or lowered. It has no degrees on it so you would have to monitor temps with a thermometer.
I have a digital thermometer with prob for that anyways...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have used the Hydor THEO for the past 2 years without issue. It was very reliable and kept the tank true to the temp selected. Just recently it seems some moisture has gotten inside the glass and it seems to be affecting its ability to know when to shut off.

In replacement I have just purchased EHEIM Jager heater which should be delivered today. It looks promising and I know Eheim is a great brand.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts