The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I lost my job today. A few days ago I wrote on here that my grandfather had passed away. I was the on-call person at work this week ( so I would take customer calls after work hours). His death set off a lot of bad emotions and therefore I missed a bunch of customer calls and ignored other responsibilities. I have been struggling with depression and anxiety for a few months, but my grandpa's death really took me over the edge. I haven't enjoyed my job for a long time. Today they laid me off.

I need to evaluate what I want for a career and what I want out of life. I am lucky that the company will allow me to get unemployment money.

I would appreciate any advice you people can give. Thanks

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Sounds kinda like me after my deployment, best advice i can give is get help, it could be as simple as a clinical depression or something more serious (clinical is just an imbalance and easily corrected) if i hadnt sought help there is a no telling where i would be in life currently

Sent from a dark corner in my happy place

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about the loss and some people can't understand (work) that there are those times that in this case, loss of a loved one can take a toll on us emotionally. This is the time when you need to take care of yourself and it takes time to go through this process. It may feel like you are going crazy so ask for professional advise it does help.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for your ideas. I have been seeing a counselor. I am seeing her again tomorrow. I have been in contact with my parents and brother so they are aware of what I'm going through.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.