The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's been WAY overdue. This is a follow-up on my old old thread from the summer..http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/g...0765-my-taiwan-maybe-socal-vegas-journal.html

But I finally had time to crop and upload the pics from my Taiwan Trip.. This was a fishstore that I went to one night. They open 3pm to 1am :icon_lol: I guess to save electricity? I was there until closing and people were coming in buying stuff up until 1am!

No particular order.. hope you guys don't mind the SW fish too.

I was very very excited when I drove by this store. The huge store front glowed from all the lighting fixtures. I made my GF stop and we HAD TO GO IN. I actually ended up buying a few things that trip(http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/p...-possibly-my-final-tank-addition-shallow.html).. and my gf went back to Taiwan for a few weeks after we got back to the US and brought me even more stuff! Stuff can be seen here:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/lounge/93210-o-crap-i-think-gf-testing.html

The Nanos on the countertop are priced to sell as a complete setup. Ranging from 30 dollars to 100 bucks. Fully stocked/scape. They basically just take out half the water and let you take the whole tank/equip home. Fill it up again and you have a great looking tank!

·
Registered
206 Posts
OMG so much planted pr0n. THANK YOU!!!
That riccia tank is absolutely amazing. I also love the nano tank called "Nice Day" with the upwards bow front - very unique! Wish we had shops like that here... 很漂亮的!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Nice pictures, everything looks organized and stuff. The opening closing time is weird lol. I wish there was a LFS like that close to my area besides AFA, which is an hr away.

·
Registered
124 Posts
OMG so much planted pr0n. THANK YOU!!!
That riccia tank is absolutely amazing. I also love the nano tank called "Nice Day" with the upwards bow front - very unique! Wish we had shops like that here... 很漂亮的!

^^^^ what he said. WTB shops like that

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
They probably have a bigger plant and fish selection than all the LFS's in my area combined!

·
Registered
544 Posts
WOW what an amazing store, how much time did you spend in there? They would have to drag me out of that place! The marine fish and the reef tanks are just awesome, everything looks perfectly clean and healthy.

What is that pink cichlid with the blue eyes? is that a transgenic cichlid like the tk1 zebra danios?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow! What a great place. Did they have to kick you out at 1 a.m.?

WOW what an amazing store, how much time did you spend in there? They would have to drag me out of that place! The marine fish and the reef tanks are just awesome, everything looks perfectly clean and healthy.

What is that pink cichlid with the blue eyes? is that a transgenic cichlid like the tk1 zebra danios?
That's so true! My gf and I were coming home from dinner and we spotted the place and I just HAD TO GO IN! So we parked and went in around 8:30pm.. stayed until closing. They didn't mind and just showed us around and pointed out some cool fish/setups. The next day, we went back after dinner and stayed till closing also.. That's when I bought a bunch of things, only spent ~80 bucks. Took a bunch of pictures and he showed me some tricks to scaping etc.

I dunno bout the Cichlid? The english/chinese language barrier was quite hard to overcome lol. My GF had to translate most of the time. He did give me a tour of the back room.. breeding/growout area. Lots of tanks back there also. He said most of the fish are wildcaught or bred in house because it's very easy to attain fish etc around the island/trade.

It was funny trying to ask about certain plants because he had to pull out a plant encyclopedia to get the english translation!

Most common scapes I noticed are more pictiuresque with houses or landscapes. The coolest thing is everything miniturized.. If they uses people and houses/buildings/animals.. they are all perfectly sized to the scape along with the fish.

I will post pics of another fish tank I saw at the train station. it was really well done with everything sized perfectly! More to come tonight.

·
Banned
2,214 Posts

Oh man, I want one of these curved tanks SO BAD, I've seen oliver knott use them too.
Why does nobody sell this style of tank in america? Seriously.

·
Registered
397 Posts
holy moly!!

"They open 3pm to 1am I guess to save electricity? I was there until closing and people were coming in buying stuff up until 1am!"

I think that the best time to do fish stuff is at night lol. And fitting the stereotype of a chinese guy who loves fish keeping, i can confirm that it's best when it's night time haha.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts