The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would say:

Thank you plantedtank, for being the absolutely awesome, terrific, fantastic, lovely, loving, enjoyable, forgiving, genuine, forthright, intelligent, resourceful, happy, willing, able, generous, and all around OK people that I am very happy (and somewhat proud!) to be a part of.

I hope every single one of you (us) has a safe and memorable holiday this year. And no, I haven't had too much to frink yet*! ;)

*(see next msg)

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
I'd second the notion. Thanks for all the laughs, jeers and cheers. It has been a fun year for me on this forum. Hope everyone has a safe and peaceful holiday season. No more tours or events till next year

·
Registered
262 Posts
I also would like to thank everyone here for their help, advice, and most of all kindness. Looking forward to years of Planted Tank enjoyment. Happy holidays to all!

BTW I don't think the world will ever end, people maybe, but not the planet.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
"I know that on the 21st we're all supposed to disappear so..."

I think over-all it's been a great 26,625 years. Here's hoping everyone has a great winter solstice. Also, best of luck to all the Grey-Human hybrids that will be taking over Earth :smile:

PS - To the Greys that will be snatching my body, I'll be eating a boat load of Bean/Jalapino dip, sour kraut, and washing it down with Beer & Tequila on the night of the 20th....so expect a few surprises when you snatch my body. :hihi:

·
Registered
262 Posts

I think over-all it's been a great 26,625 years. Here's hoping everyone has a great winter solstice. Also, best of luck to all the Grey-Human hybrids that will be taking over Earth :smile:

PS - To the Greys that will be snatching my body, I'll be eating a boat load of Bean/Jalapino dip, sour kraut, and washing it down with Beer & Tequila on the night of the 20th....so expect a few surprises when you snatch my body. :hihi:
That will be quite the carbon footprint you will be leaving behind!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Its not ending, scientists think the universe started 13.7 billion years ago.
The mayans calendar actually goes further back than that according to star maps....

So its been around for a while, and probably still will be

Something i read..." if the earth is (13.7 billions) years old..or older, then why are the ocean's not saltier?

Gary

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

This is too funny. This thread could turn into one of "those" threads really quickly so here's hoping we can all keep this light-hearted. Moving from the "Age of Pisces" into the "New Age of Aquarius" is all that will happen on the 21st and hopefully an awakening of the human consciousness and learning to live together as one. This is the evolution of the human condition and accepting it is the only choice. So be ready to open your third-eye and see things for the very first time.:alien:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Lol! U ever tasted ocean? Its pretty salty!![/QUOTE

Here's just a small c/p of the article i was reading about this. I find it very interesting.

Every year rivers, glaciers, underground seepage, and atmospheric and volcanic dust dump large amounts of salts into the oceans. Consider the influx of the predominant salt, sodium chloride (common table salt). Some 458 million tons of sodium mixes into ocean water each year,http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/#fnList_1_1but only 122 million tons (27%) is removed by other natural processeshttp://www.plantedtank.net/forums/#fnList_1_2
If seawater originally contained no sodium (salt) and the sodium accumulated at today’s rates, then today’s ocean saltiness would be reached in only 42 million yearshttp://www.plantedtank.net/forums/#fnList_1_3—only about 1/70 the three billion years evolutionists propose. But those assumptions fail to take into account the likelihood that God created a saltwater ocean for all the sea creatures He made on Day Five. Also, the year-long global Flood cataclysm must have dumped an unprecedented amount of salt into the ocean through erosion, sedimentation, and volcanism

gary

·
Registered
70 Posts
December 21st: The day the world is supposed to end
December 22nd: International laugh at the Mayans day

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
December 21st: The day the world is supposed to end
December 22nd: International laugh at the Mayans day
I don't know why people equate the Mayan calendar with the end of the world but I assume it has to do with the ignorance of the actual meanings. Nowhere in any Mayan writings did they state that the date Dec. 21, 2012 meant the end of the world. What it does mean is the end of the "Great Cycle" of the Long Count on the 13th baktun. Using the conversion to our modern calendar (Gregorian calendar) the end of the "Great Cycle" corresponds to 11:11 universal time, December 21, 2012. So with that being said, the Mayans were a very intelligent people and if you have ever had the experience of standing beside one of these great structures they built you can't help but think they were a great civilization that has left a wealth of knowledge to later civilizations. However if we as humans can't learn from past civilizations then we are bound to repeat history. A few have taken these writings and twisted them into fear mongering instead of teaching the "truth" about one of histories greatest civilizations.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.