The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crawling across the hinge of the lid right where it meets the edge of the tank. A SLUG. Was it trying to get in? How did it get all the way up there?! I looked and can't see a slime trail anywhere.

This guy. For a sense of scale, that's the texture of a napkin it's sitting on. A small slug. What the heck was it doing. I don't even know how it got in my house, much less climbed up on top of the tank! My best guess is it was hiding under a potted plant that I brought inside last fall, and finally decided to look for better living space...

I swear it was looking at me in when I took its picture.

So here's a question that never ever crossed my mind before- would slug slime harm anything if it got in the tank? Ugh.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you added any plants to your tank recently it could have come in on one of them. They can live for a while underwater. I seen one in my bog filter to my pond moving just like a snail, slow paced, on some guppy grass. I was glad I didn't use any of that guppy grass for my new tank after I spotted it. Could not find it after I got the net to scoop it out.
I can deal with aquarium snails, but garden snails and slugs creep me out, them eyes...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.