The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The working pressure is usually somewhere around 10-30 PSI

65 would be way higher than normal. Don't you have a pressurize CO2 system? One gauge shows the tank pressure (~800 when full) and the working pressure (there should be a screw in the front of the regulator that is used to adjust it)

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I don't think PSI is really the issue when it comes to tubing being "CO2-resistant." I might be wrong on this, but I think it has to do with the material it is made of, because CO2 can actually eat away at some materials, while hardening other ones.

I guess I didn't answer your question. :(

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a generic regulator. One knob goes from .1 to .6 and the other goes from 0 to 25 (in 5 increments). That is why I am not sure about the psi output on this thing.

I found this table on a search in the forums a while back, but I am having a hard time understanding it. I am not technical enough, but I picked vinyl out of the line up because

1. The number was lower than some
2. They had it in stock

Just an educated guess at best. If this won't work for co2, I could always use it for jump rope. :icon_mrgr

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
^ I've used that exact tubing before for air pumps and sponge filters. I liked it because it was a bit more rigid than standard LFS tubing, and it was black so easier to conceal against a black background. It's good tubing! Just probably not the best choice for CO2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.