The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I came home to my parents' house to find that my mom had gotten 6 zebra danios and tried to shove them into a 2 gallon tank. Needless to say they were not healthy and not happy. There are now only 3 left and my mom has completely washed her hands of them, saying they were too complicated to take care of and that I was "being mean to her" by insisting she get a bigger tank and some real plants. So now they're mine. The problem is that when I go back up to school in a few days I still can't get a bigger tank because my apartment complex has a 4 gallon limit and I already have a betta. I don't have a LFS I can take them to and even if I did I doubt they would take these poor fish, as there was an ich outbreak a couple weeks ago and one of them has a spinal deformity. Should I just try and make the best of the 2 gallon?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where did your mom purchase/get them from? She must've gotten them from a store or somebody else that knows how to care for them.
Good luck
She got them from Petsmart. I couldn't find the reciept for them so that was out. I completely forgot about Craigslist! I almost never go there so it slipped my mind. I guess I'll see if anyone there wants them.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I doubt you'll find a solution to this really. If it was something larger than yes, but I don't hear of too many rescue stories of small fish that are worth less than a dollar.

If I knew they weren't diseased, I'd honestly just feed them to a larger fish that I already have or something, unless you knew a friend into the hobby or something.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I doubt you'll find a solution to this really. If it was something larger than yes, but I don't hear of too many rescue stories of small fish that are worth less than a dollar.

If I knew they weren't diseased, I'd honestly just feed them to a larger fish that I already have or something, unless you knew a friend into the hobby or something.
Oh... well there are only three of them left, so I guess a lot of people wouldn't even bother. Also there was an ich outbreak recently and although I've been treating the whole tank and haven't seen any ich in like 2 weeks I don't know if anyone would be willing to add them to their tanks. Ich sucks. >_<
Anyway my mom decided not to let me have them after all, so what it comes down to now is I could try and find someone to take them in her area or I can try to convince her to at least get some real plants if she's not going to take my advice and get a bigger tank and more fish. Right now she only has 2 plastic plants in that tank. >_<

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.