The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what the volume is. My triple integral calculus is too far behind and I don't have a scale. It's a least couple of gallons.

Soil is layer of clay and pond soil on top. No cap. I am in experiment mode. I guess water looks not to bad considering there is no cap. Some floaties... they will sink eventually.

Plants:
AR
Water wisteria
Water sprite
Sag subulata
Anacharis
Cryptocoryne (in bad shape, trying to resurect it)

Fauna: MTS and pond snails. Maybe I should get some dirt from my pond outside to get some more critters.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Nice! I like experiments too, hope the no cap goes well. I like the view from the second photo better, by the way.

If you post the diameter of the bowl, or even the circumference at the widest point, I can give you an idea of the volume. He he my math is good enough for that.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice! I like experiments too, hope the no cap goes well. I like the view from the second photo better, by the way.

If you post the diameter of the bowl, or even the circumference at the widest point, I can give you an idea of the volume. He he my math is good enough for that.
Thanks Daisy. Next time I will try to follow the pattern of second picture.
I like experimenting too. I hope it goes well because I have a 20 gal on it's way too. Thanks for the math offer. I will post dimensions and my own results.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice, no cap works, it just needs a little time to settle and doesn't like being disturbed too often. I do it with peat moss in containers. The water color on the other hand takes a while.
Thank you Axelrod12. At first it was somewhat greyish due to the clay. But it has settle quite a bit in 24 hours. It does not want to be disturbed though.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts