The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone in the northern denver metro area that would be willing to keep my pair of convicts for me for maybe two months...?
I am getting ready to completely restart the 55gallon that they are currently in and do not have another tank that they can go in without killing all the inhabitants or eachother...
The male is probably close to 3.5inches with his fins... and the female is only maybe 2inches with fins...
Thanks...

·
Registered
734 Posts
Sorry I can't help you out (wayyy too far away from you), but have you considered going to one of the salvation army or goodwill stores to pick up another tank? Sometimes they have some nice 20g and such for cheap. A sponge filter would do for a bit and you'd have your "cheap fix" to the problem.

Hope it works out for you!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Sorry I'm too far as well. :) But have you considered placing an air stone in a few 5g buckets as a temp holding area? That way you don't have an extra tank sitting around....

I like the good will idea but if you don't need the extra tank the buckets should do.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I don't have any big tanks but something you can do is get a bigger sized plastic storage container the semi clear ones are stronger than the rubbermaid colored ones and use that as a holding tank. I have used smaller ones about 5-7 gallon ones as actual fish tanks for killies. Just an idea...

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I've had convicts living in a tub for going on several months now. It is just a big storage bin with a sponge filter and lots of floating plants (no heater even, aren't I mean?) and not only have the little critters not died on me, they are in there SPAWNING. Lovely, no?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha thanks for the suggestions guys... I might try the rubbermaid idea , but i have a heater for it *jen* I wouldnt doubt that they're spawning though haha they are funny little guys...but still if anyone can hold'em for me still let me know..
thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.