The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am in desperate need of SAE's. Preferably in Miami Florida. I called about 30 LFS and no one seems to carry them. I was only able to find them online but the site has a minimum order amount and that'll cost me over $80.00. I just need 2 or 3. If anyone here lives in Miami FL. and are willing to sell me some of yours or know of a LFS that sells them, please let me know a.s.a.p. Thanks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A LOT of BBA aka Red algae, some hair algae, a little blue/green and green spot algae.
All I got to take care of the problem is a pair of ABNP's and about 15 ghost shrimp.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Well most of what you list the SAE will do nothing about. They have to be starving to death to touch BBA, they do nothing for BGA or GSA. I would highly suggest that you take a good look at your water movement and nutrients.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I pretty much have thrown the SAE idea out the window since they are so hard to get here in Miami. For now I think I'm gonna go with a DIY CO2 system, maybe some Flourish Excel and some RO water and see if that solves my problems. If not, then I'll bleach everything!!! :icon_twis

I was going through your website and found alot of interesting things about planted tanks that I never knew until now. Good stuff man! It has answered alot of questions I had. Thanks for all the help. :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just thought I'd share. I finally got 3 SAE's here in Miami about 3 months ago. LOL They took care of almost all my algae problems, I just got a bunch on GSA everywhere that they won't touch and they're almost full grown now.
If anyone in Miami is looking for some just pm me and I'll let you know where you can get some.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts