Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 30tall sitting in my garage
so im planning on setting that up instead of getting a 60gallon tank

the tank measures 24"x12"x24"H and has a 5"x5" corner overflow
so i was wondering which lighting would be better
i think i have a 70watt metal halide and a 2x65watt powercompact fixture

if im doing CO2 the power compacts would be better correct?
but if im not doing co2 the metal halides would be better?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would diy be fine until i figure out this whole pressurized system

what kind of fish could i do in this type of planted tank...i was thinking angelfish pair and your avatar for the top

and my Albino Bushynose for the rest

and if I feel like it maybe some rams

·
Super Moderator
12,128 Posts
DIY CO2 could work, but you may encounter algae problems simply because the supply of CO2 is not steady.

In terms of fish, I would either go with the Angelfish or the Rams, but not both. You may have some issues with the Busynose and the Rams as well.

·
Super Moderator
12,128 Posts
plecos fight rams?
or rams fight rams
or do plecos fight plecos
The Rams will fight the Plecos.

Rams will also fight Rams, if a spawning pair is formed.

·
Algae Grower
6,444 Posts
angels simply turn into large fish. they need more room than 24" to swim around in. yes, you could keep a pair in there but many of us feel they deserve more room. have you considered a large school of tetras or rasboras? they can be equally pleasing to watch.

·
Registered
567 Posts
A pair of angels is fine in there. Sure, more room is better, but they will do just fine unless they are exceptionally large, which does not happen with most of them (I used to have a male superveil that could not even stand up fully in a 20 gallon breeding tank!). They aren't really a fish that zooms all over the tank like some, they're pretty calm and just hang around mostly, even in a big tank. The two I just lost out of my 55 hardly even explored most of the tank, they just stayed in their favorite area not moving around much except to eat. It is pretty standard to keep a mating pair in a 20 gallon tall.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
angels simply turn into large fish. they need more room than 24" to swim around in. yes, you could keep a pair in there but many of us feel they deserve more room. have you considered a large school of tetras or rasboras? they can be equally pleasing to watch.

tetras dont live long enough IMO and in order to get a large school its almost 2 per fish where i live

id rather spend $40 on 2 really nice fish then 20 ok fish

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hmmm im looking for a schooling fish taht wont get eaten by the angels any suggestions
maybe a top level swimmer

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.