The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm dying to re-scape my tank which would also involve moving around a substantial amount of substrate. So are there any tips or ways I could do this w/o starting a mini cycle or spiking ammonia or anything else that would harm my fish? What do yall do when you re-scape your established tanks?

It's a 10gal with 5 neon tetras in it, low tech. I also happen to be running 2 filters right now b/c I bought a new one and am currently establishing it.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Or, if you have an extra tank laying around fill it up with water from your established tank and hook up the old filter to it while you do the rescaping. Then when your done, do the large water change, hook both filters up, and return the fish after a few minutes.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Like what Higher Thinking said, if you have an extra tank, fill it up... but with new substrate, plants, fauna, and a whole new scape :flick:

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Once you open the flood gates, there's no stopping it. Started with one tank, now I got seven. With two empty tens laying around.
7 here, 1 of them cycling with some guppies from my turtle tank cause I don't even have any shrimp to put in it yet.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This 10gal is my first and I was trying to restrain myself as I have a buddy who will be givin me her 20gal soon.. but I saw a Fluval Edge on sale 2day and I really wanna buy it!!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Once you open the flood gates, there's no stopping it. Started with one tank, now I got seven. With two empty tens laying around.
I started with a 2.5 gallon in december 08.

end of january 09 i had a 90 gallon community cichlid.

then more.. and more.. and more..

im FINALLY down to only two tanks. but 3 soon, I want another reef.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts