The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received some Mayaca fluviatilis from a recent S'N'S purchase that was in bad shape. This was in no way the fault of the person who shipped it, so I don't want it to sound like I'm saying that, but rather it is most likely due to the cooler temps. Anyway...It was hard for me to tell which way end was up and which end was down. :confused:Probably a noob problem..... Well I planted the stems and all are doing much better except for one of them. Yes, I planted it upside down:iamwithst. In my defense, the leaves are small and narrow and hard to distinguish top and bottom. And the stems I got had no tops or roots, they just looked like middle cuttings as if someone hacked off the stem I got and then hacked off the tops and they replanted them. Still this is too funny!!! Am I the only one who has done this?

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Rofl!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I am the only one I'll take that distinction with honor. Maybe I'll start a new type of planted tank. LOL!!!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I've done it with Ludwigias, Bacopas...well, ok, truthfully I've done it with all kinds of stem plants. :) I agree, it can be hard to tell sometimes and how much worse is it that I've done it multiple times? ;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Digsy we should call this new form of aquaria something...But let's not make fun of Australians, they get enough from Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement of Flight of the Conchords...I'm not really creative with names though, lol

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:hihi: Since it's a cultivar it would be Mayaca fluviatilis 'Ostrichus'. DarkCobra we are going to be famous:thumbsup:... I'll need to site your name in my research paper prior to submission. PM me. LOL!!! Very creative indeed!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts