The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the bad quality pictures. These are the last two shrimp out of my ten i bought 4 months back. I am desperately switching over to distilled water to get them to breed. I can easily sex RCS but these guys have me confused. PLEASE tell me I have a male and a female..

Dont post your drawing mordalphus, I've seen it a billion times. ;)

·
Registered
556 Posts
The second pic looks like a male and the thrid kinda looks like a female, if you get a side view of the third shrimp it would be better.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I do have a male and a female because one is considerably bigger than the other. I hope and pray one berries lol.

·
Wanabe BKK Herder
2,159 Posts
It does look like you a male and a female. Basically males dish/arch up in the tail and females dish/arch down. They're pretty easy to sex once you know what you're looking for. That said, I have one CRS that ceratinly looks female and is the largest of all my shrimp, but has never berried. *shrug*

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Could be 2 males. I have a few that are a bit bigger but never been berried, never saddled and have the slightly more streamlined look, even though they are bigger than the rest. I agree though, the crystals are harder to tell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts