The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
2nd looks like a standard young amazon sword. The biggest issue is the amount of variants and hybrids in the trade. You'll have to wait till it becomes an adult, from the size its about 3 months old?

3rd looks like a bacopa or emmersed growth rotala rotundifolia.

4th looks like Syg. Belem to me as well. I'd up your lighting and ferts, it looks unhappy.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2nd looks like a standard young amazon sword. The biggest issue is the amount of variants and hybrids in the trade. You'll have to wait till it becomes an adult, from the size its about 3 months old?

3rd looks like a bacopa or emmersed growth rotala rotundifolia.

4th looks like Syg. Belem to me as well. I'd up your lighting and ferts, it looks unhappy.
The first two photos are the same plant, front and top photo. Glad you replied Gordon. The first plants are from the RAOK that I won in May from you. I checked the thread for the contest to see the plant list. Most of what is listed aren't the plants in question. The kicker is, there is a line that states "And whatever other plants in feel like putting in the box". So, these were mystery plants from day one. I'm only trying to identify them to help get the ferts and lighting right as they grew well for a couple weeks and have stopped growing all together now. I PPS Pro and DIY CO2 with lower light. Also have done osmocote caps as well.

Sent from my EVO 3D.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I thought the sword looked familiar. The manaus stems are looking quite sexy.

Regarding my tanks, I have fluval plant stratum as substrate, no co2. It works super well for all plants. Ferts I always use Seachem line, everything gets dosed once a month in my grow-out tanks. Makes the world go round.

Seems like you're missing some elements for the Manaus to stay 100% green/healthy.

What is your ph?

-Gordon

Regarding swords, I was R.A.O.K.ing quite a few different variants in my tanks to help make space for other plants.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.