The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greg, my eldest son, is currently on route to Afghanistan for yet another tour of duty. He is a proud member of the 82nd Airborne which is currently attached to the 3rd Special Forces Group for this tour. Even though he is on a rapid deployment team, which generally only deploys for a few months, his current assignment is supposed to last upwards of 12-15 months.

He was supposed to get out of the Army in 3 months. But as those that have served know, he was stop locked. Being an NCO with combat experience, there was no way that they were going to release him.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Will do fanatic. Be proud of your son, as I know you are. We owe your family a debt of gratitude that cannot be repaid. Thank you for what you and your son sacrifice so we have the freedom to live here.

chaz

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yea me too ill pray and hope

fshfanatic, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your son as he embarks on this mission of sacrifice.

May God watch over Greg and the rest of our Soldiers deployed worldwide. Give his family strength in these trying times. Speed Greg home quickly to his awaiting family. AMEN

SFC Gregory T. Allen
USA, AVN
1986-Present
"SCOUTS OUT"

·
Registered
720 Posts
Your son and your family as well as the others in his troop will be in my prayers tonight.
May God allow safe passage for all these young souls. May each and every one of them come home safely and quickly and may their families be strong in these times. Bring peace to all of their thoughts and give each of them nothing but happiness and support. Surround each soldier and family with love, hold onto them tight and never let them go.
Amen

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Fshfanatic - I have a very close friend over there right now and his job is to check for roadside bombs. His older brother was killed earlier last year. I pray for him all the time and I'll add your son to those prayers. It's scary, but I hope they can do their job and come home soon!

And just a reminder guys - this is a very hot topic that is very easy to get up in arms about. We all have different opinions, and in the interest of keeping this thread civil and on topic, please leave out comments that could be inflamatory. It is tough, I know, don't get me started! Well wishes only please.

·
Registered
466 Posts
MY thoughts and prayers go out to you and all the USA soldiers doing their job and doing it well. May god watch over each and everyone of them and bring them home safe and sound.

I am a very proud wife of a US soldier who has served his country well as I am sure your son has. God bless you all.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
You have my best wishes that your son returns healthy and happy.

To posters such as chaz and sf - I'll keep my politics out of this if you would so kindly do the same.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Will do fanatic. Be proud of your son, as I know you are. We owe your family a debt of gratitude that cannot be repaid. Thank you for what you and your son sacrifice so we have the freedom to live here.

chaz
I have to second that!

And guys politics have no part in this thread.. If you can't support men and women who believe in our countries values so much they are willing to put their lines on the risk to protect them please just X the window and think about that and don't post in this thread!

-Andrew

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
Being an NCO with combat experience, there was no way that they were going to release him.
There is a reason for that, the experienced save lives! Do not fret my friend, he will be just fine and back before you know it. You got an address?.......DC

·
Banned
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is a reason for that, the experienced save lives! Do not fret my friend, he will be just fine and back before you know it. You got an address?.......DC
As soon as I get his APO I will shoot it over too you..

·
Registered
676 Posts
Please stay on topic here. If you wish to create havoc with political opinions then do so in your own topic; not FishFanatic's.

My prayers to your brother, FF.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Thanks Nightshop - my thoughts exactly.

It is VERY easy to get up in arms about this topic, I know. I could go on and on myself, but let's not sully FshFantatic's son's well-wishes with arguing. No more please.

·
PT Biologist
3,220 Posts
Actually, no more pleading for decency. Someone is asking for prayers for their child, not sermons, not political banter. Give them strength, not vitriolic words.

Greg has my family's prayers Bud, I hope God keeps him safe.

·
Banned
1,638 Posts
I did expect to have my posts deleted. But you also deleted the part that I said I will support and keep the troops in prayer.

I have family members that have Purple Hearts from the war, we need to keep all the troops in our thoughts and prayers no matter what your opinions are on the war.

There are many ways we can support the troops and not support the war.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts