The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an ad on Craig's list. It was a 100 gal tall salt water setup, and included (2) Magnum 350's, (2) heaters, a light, cheapie pine wood stand, glass hoods, and a very large air pump. I paid $100.00 for everything. I'm still working on cleaning salt encrustation on everything. Hope straight white vinegar won't hurt anything. I found the date of manufacture: January 1995. I am very-very concerned about the age of this tank. If I could have seen this earlier, I might have not been so eager to purchase this setup. I examined the tank full of water, and there wasn't any leaks. The brand name is AGA. Any comments or suggestions???:icon_ques

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response. I intend to use this tank for a "low tech" setup, using pool filter sand for the substrate. I would think that (2) Magnum 350's would suffice for the filtration. My plan is to plant java fern, java moss, and moneywort (low light). I'm hoping I can support at least (5) clown loaches in this size tank.

I will be forever cleaning the salt encrustation off of the filters and tank.:icon_wink:icon_wink

1 - 3 of 3 Posts