The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im literally in tears on how much time, money i spent on that tank. Please bear with me so i can explain. So i started this aquarium 2 weeks ago. Its 72 gallons. Im running 2 chihiros rgb vivid 2. Im running co2 as well. I made a mistake at the beginning i was running lights 100% intensity. After starting to get hair algae. This forum helped me lower my lights. So i did. And that was 4 days ago. So what i did was 50% water change. People told me to start adding liquid fertilizer. So im using apt3. I started dosing 4 times a week. I have good co2 level, and fertz in the water. My soil is tropica soil. It does release a bit of ammonia. But the algae has been getting worse in those 4 days. I have brown algae on the glass, and soil + in addition i have hair algae everywhere. Please tell me what should i do? I added benefitial bacters 2 days ago. And i wanna get it cycled. Any advice? The algae is insane. Am i worried too much or this is normal? This is my water test results, and the video of my algae during the dsy booming am i worrying too much? What my next step should be?, algae is insane everyday

Liquid Drinkware Fluid Rectangle Font

·
Registered
584 Posts
Lowering the lights was a good move. You might find you need to lower then more since the Vivid is very powerful light from what I understand.

Also make sure your Co2 is sufficient, either with a lime green drop checker or a point pH drop. Keep the fertilizers going so the plants aren't hungry.

Remove as much of the algae as you can by hand. You can spot treat it with hydrogen peroxide if you need to but I wouldn't jump right to it. Keep the tank maintained with water changes atleast once a week and remove any dead plant matter. Adding some more fast growing plants could also help you get ahead of the algae while the tank stabilizes.

Other than that it just takes time to beat back the algae. Nothing good happens quickly in this hobby. As the plants put out healthy new growth they will fight off the algae.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.