The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am Andy from the Uk, I am new here this is my first post I will be adding a journal later.

I recently completed my first ever aquascape in my kitchen. Here some pics:thumbsup:

Day 1

6 weeks old

8 weeks old

In the kitchen

Equipment List

1. Arcadia 4x24w t5 luminaire
2. JBL ProFlora u402 CO2 kit with Solenoid.
3. ADA Aquasoil Amazonia
4. ADA Power sand special
5. ADA Forest Sarawak
6. Eheim External Filter with built in heater.

Plants

Cryptocoryne Parva
Hemianthus Calltrichoides "Cuba" HC
Echinodorus Tenellus (instead of harigrass)
Staurogyne sp.
Rotala Rotundifolia
Hydrocotyle Verticillata

Ferts
ADA Brighty K and step 1, easycarbo all daily

Thanks for looking

·
Registered
326 Posts
wow andy!

that is gorgeous, i love the lines and the stones and the plant list is perfect!

how do you get your h. verticilata to stay so low and compact in the front? mine looks more like your stems in the middle at the back...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow andy!

that is gorgeous, i love the lines and the stones and the plant list is perfect!

how do you get your h. verticilata to stay so low and compact in the front? mine looks more like your stems in the middle at the back...
Thanks for your comments, took ages planning the stones and plant list

You can be quite brutal with h.verticilata don't be frightened to cut it back.

·
Registered
326 Posts
are you wanting the hc to completely cover the bottom, or are you going to leave that bare patch in front?

i like the bare patch, and the substrate matches nicely with the stones, makes it look very natural...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Very nicely done! Those Arcadia fixtures are pretty slick looking, and seem to perform quite well - wish we had them available here in the States.
haha one of the first things i thought was " what kind of light is that?!"
i love your design- it looks fantastic. can't believe this is your first, great talent :)

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Really nice aquascape! Good Job!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all your kind comments! I am chuffed :biggrin:

Ref the lights yes they are Arcadia and they are really good. The latest generation are even better. Excellent build quality.

wearsbunnyslippers - i am keeping the beach area at the front, not letting the HC grow there. It was all planned.

I got a lot of advice from UKAPS in the the UK. Its an excellent site and were i picked up most of my knowledge.

Thanks for looking

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is a few more pictures of my livestock in the tank:

Cherry Shrimp

Stiphidon sp. (Goby)

Crystal Red Shrimp

Super cherry reds, helping clean the remainder of the staghorn after i had dosed it with liquid carbon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts