The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've known since the 70's that purple lights grow plants best,green or red. You only might need to augment with a white for more intensity. Why I miss so much purple gro lux bulbs that I can never find anymore. Plus- I like that they make the fish colors pop also. Lights like Kessil are an abomination!..ha.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
They've got the purple hued (red/ blue/ green) combo in an led bulb at walmart for $10 that works miraculously in combo with a traditional blue/ white cfl bulb if you're looking to supplement your lights. I just got a couple for experimenting. I'm definitely happy with them.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pink- you have a link to that? I might try it. My power glow fluorescents have given me a year of almost gro lux looks,but the local stores don't sell the bulbs anymore and even finding the fixtures..just common fluorescent shop lights, is near impossible.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why do people say Iron grows red plants best? Its because they make ALL plants healthier,healthy plants are able to color up best. Right now my Tiger Lotus is going at the iron like Joey Chestnut goes at Hot Dogs. Red leaves on the surface,metallic purple on the undersides.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.