The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking cap time!

Okay so I have this recurring nightmare:
My brother sleep walks, but it's gotten a lot better. A few years ago, before I had all my tanks (and lets face it, before I had a ton of money invested) i caught him sleep peeing in my room!

My nightmare: him somehow peeing in a tank (although in reality it won't ever happen)

So let's say, hypothetically, he does. What emergency procedure should occur?

(Note: this also goes for drunk jerks feeding the fish beer)

What are your nightmares?!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
My nightmare already came true.

A five year old squeezed an entire bottle of hand sanitizer into the sump shared with 5 apisto breeding tanks. Those were the prettiest double reds I have ever seen, too.

Now I lock little buggers out of my office and away from my rack. No more "looking at the fishies" for them.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Only the equipment. The sanitizer turned the water into milk by the time I realized something had happened a few hours later. My little friend was happy to show me the "medicine" she put in the tank ...

I threw out the java moss, flowerpots, filter media and sand to be on the safe side, said goodbye to my very dead and very slimy fish, and ran water from the swimming pool through the whole system with a few 100% water changes, then ran tap water through to try and clean the pool chemicals out lol.

In the end, I'm still using the tanks and plumbing.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I actually heard of an ex boyfriend peeing in his girlfriends tank and killing all the fish :( I assume if you caught it though a water change should help??

My greatest fear is an incurable sickness. TB for example. Despite not adding new fish in a long time every few months I have panic attacks that my fish are going to die and there will be nothing I can do to stop it.
I also qt for a very long time which is a good ting, but I still never feel comfortable even after a month or more of qt.
Its one of the reasons I like breeding my own fish so much. As much as I love getting new fish I HATE the stress that it gives me :(
Even new plants, second hand filters anything like that makes me panic. So plants, shrimp snails also get qt and everything else gets bleach.

·
Registered
410 Posts
A loooong time ago I had keept a 50gal tank, it sat on the floor, I also smoked inside and had my ashtray on the coffee table... Well... My oldest Son (when he was 2yrs old) dumped the full ashtray into the tank... Well, everything died and I started smokeing outside. Lesson learned!

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
A loooong time ago I had keept a 50gal tank, it sat on the floor, I also smoked inside and had my ashtray on the coffee table... Well... My oldest Son (when he was 2yrs old) dumped the full ashtray into the tank... Well, everything died and I started smokeing outside. Lesson learned!
Try not to smoke. It'll do to you what it did to the fish. I used to smoke so I can say :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts