The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to have a pair (or pairs? lets stick with just one) of Electric Blue Rams breed and produce successful fry, how practical is it to keep the fry growing up with the parents. Would I have to remove the fry to a separate tank and keep them separated? Couldn't I have the original adults with the growing fry. I don't mean to keep the fry until their adult hood, just until they can be sold.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If I were to have a pair (or pairs? lets stick with just one) of Electric Blue Rams breed and produce successful fry, how practical is it to keep the fry growing up with the parents. Would I have to remove the fry to a separate tank and keep them separated? Couldn't I have the original adults with the growing fry. I don't mean to keep the fry until their adult hood, just until they can be sold.
It depends on the tank specifics. New parents often eat their young so you may have to wait for several broods to occur before you get "good parents" that rear their young successfully......Research also states that the presence of other fish, often help ensure that M. ramerirezi be good parents. Im not particuarly sure which fish make the best dither fish when trying to raise/breed these fish.

In my case, I try and make sure fry become fish-sticks if breeding does occur....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts