The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I've had my 125g set up for about 3 months now. Now that it is all grown in, I've decided that I'm not satisfied with the aquascape and driftwood layout. All of the driftwood in the tank is from past old tanks that I'd been carting around with me.... originally bought for shelter, rather than aesthetic.

SO!

I'm looking on Ebay -- rockartsource --- and found some great pieces.
Check out my pathetic, laughable quasi-diagram:

Those two pieces (photoshopped together -- one piece w/ white haze, the other w/ blue), which I will probably buy, total a length of 39.5''. Which would fill a little more than half of my 72'' tank. Thus, leaving enough room for a nice, smaller off-center piece on the left to finish it all up.

Here's the driftwood I have now. I went ahead and burned the main pieces in a little so you all can see better. On the left side, there is a slope that has since been reinforced with small pieces of Mopani. Granted, the tank is now so grown in that you can't tell what's going on with the driftwood.

Wow.... stupid. anyways.

So anyways...Anyone have any thoughts or ideas? And...what is best practice to basically tear a tank apart, create a huge mess and suffer little to no casualties? I'll probably empty the tank half way before doing anything.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How would it look if you flipped the piece with the white border over and then had the branches if you will facing more in the same direction?

·
Registered
663 Posts
When I've made major changes to the aquascape of my 56 gallon aquarium, I've found I need to do just sections at a time otherwise the nitrates can get kicked up too high in short order by stirring up the substrate. That may not be an issue on a aquarium that's only 3 months old. Unless you have really sensitive fish, ie. discus, I wouldn't expect you would have any problems.

Needle leaf java fern would look good attached to that driftwood.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great. Thanks for the input. I have some Windelov java fern that I can attach and I'll probably get my hands on some more Anubias as well.

lillou---I'll try that, thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts