The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
yes, very easy. you will have a tank full of it before you know it.
Thanks a TON! I think im gonna go try and snag that 28g bowfront today and I was browsing Petco.com for typical plants they sell.....

Seeing as how I read it is a smart idea to put some "test plants" in right at setup, I didnt wanna spend alot of money on them cause tbh, Im afraid I'll kill them. O well, I'll learn from failure IF it happens! ^_^

"Good Philosophy! See good in bad. I like! Good Fortune for you!"
-Old Oriental Guy from 5th element....:tongue:

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
This grows really slow for me. Could just be my tank.
This is really strange because I've found that Hygro difformis (also called wisteria) is a very easy low light plant and for me it grows like a weed! (when it isn't being shaded by my sunset hygro that, for reasons unknown to me, LOVES growing in my low light tank!) I only keep low light/tech tanks and have had good luck with this plant in all of them. The only thing is that because it grow quickly, it needs a bit of fertilizing, either a nutrient rich soil or a root tab underneath it (while it does grow roots out of the stem, i find that it grows a fairly substantial root base as well so substrate fertilization seems to do well enough for it). At least for me :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've considered this plant to, but for some reason I've never progressed into puchasing it.

The place that I usually get my plants from on-line - Java plants say:

http://www.java-plants.com/product_info.php?products_id=81

Origin: South East Asia
pH: 6.2-7.2
Light: Bright
Temp: 24-28c

Ahhh, sod it, on may plant fourms people are saying that it's a low-light plant. I think that I'm just going to purchase a few of these and give them a go.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Before you purchase I'd definitely check out the swap n shop right here and see if anyone has a stem or two they'd be willing to send you, I bet you'll get some good luck!

And it DEFINITELY grows in low light, not sure why it says bright?weird.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.