The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a stem of this in a package I got a few weeks ago. I'd never even heard of it before I got it, so it has just been floating around in my tank because I do not know what to do with it. I know someone out there must have it. How do you grow it? Like a stem plant? Growing on the bottom into a carpet? (I think it would be a nice one if this is possible) Maybe wrapped around a driftwood branch? What sort of conditions does it like? I have it in medium-ish light with CO2 and no fertilizers in the water (I'm just using root tabs right now until I can save up the money to buy some more dry fertilizer), and it is hanging in there, but not really growing. I like the look of it, I just want to know how to keep it alive!

·
Registered
712 Posts
i'm interested in knowing this too. i planted a stem near some driftwood hoping to wrap it around the branch as it grew. i think the main difficulty for me is that it starts rapidly branching forming more of a bush. so, although i'm continuously wrapping one of the larger stems up the branch, there are lots of other stems going in all other directions becoming more of a bushy mess. btw, i'm growing mine in a 20gal long with two 24" T5HO, EI dosing, CO2.

·
Registered
275 Posts
IME its a weed in the truest sense with CO2 and higher light. With no CO2 and a Par of 30-40 umols its still a fast grower. Good trimmings will encourage it to grow lower. A very easy non-CO2 plant.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm...mine's not really growing at all. It's staying very small, and the leaves are very tiny. I've got 160 watts of regular flourescent on a 55 with CO2 and using root tabs right now, don't have any fertilizer until I can afford to get some more. It's a pretty little plant though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.