The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

How do I kill Hydra in my sulawesi tank? The species currently in there are cardinal and yellow cheek. Please help.

Simon

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'd be careful with the Flubendazole procedure since the Sulawesi are so rare and expensive. I haven't seen anyone use that procedure with those kinds of shrimp.

I'd probably pull the shrimp and then do the flubendazole/fenbendazole procedure in that tank and then reintroduce the shrimp. Otherwise I'd dose very very carefully and with a lower dose.

·
Registered
348 Posts
That is bad luck. Is there anything that will eat the hydra and not the shrimp? Any of those Tylo's munch on them?

You having any luck breeding your yellow cheeks?

Bill

·
Registered
828 Posts
I had them in one of my shrimp tanks and put a couple of those big yellow mystery snails in there. With in 4 days there wasn't any hydra left in the tank.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
I used spixi snails to eradicate the hydras in my sulawesi tank. I'd rather stray away chemical medications for sulawesi shrimp, they're just too fragile. I had a booming spixi population that seemed to grow constantly on my glass walls. But then I added in 6 or so baby spixis in there and I don't see hydra anymore. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts