The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have decided to use this pump to create more flow in my 50g tank. is anyone here using the same pump?

do you think it might be too much flow in my tank since its really high in GPH rate. i want the co2 and ferts to benefit the plants even more by creating more flow in my tank. i know flow is very important when it comes to planted tank.

i was using koralia 1 but i don't think it was giving me enough flow so i decided to go with this one.

·
Registered
993 Posts
i have decided to use this pump to create more flow in my 50g tank. is anyone here using the same pump?

do you think it might be too much flow in my tank since its really high in GPH rate. i want the co2 and ferts to benefit the plants even more by creating more flow in my tank. i know flow is very important when it comes to planted tank.

i was using koralia 1 but i don't think it was giving me enough flow so i decided to go with this one.
Depends on the layout of the tank -- dimensions and things that can block flow.

In my 120-P, the XP3 and Koralia Nano 240gph is enough flow, but my layout is very open. When my stems fill in, I'll consider getting the 420gph.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i already have the 400gph pump which i think isn't putting enough flow, i have many stem plants which also reduce the flow in the tank. i guess i will have to wait and see how much flow i get from my new pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.