The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned my hydor inline heater for over two years. It has been a great heater that has been reliable and dependable for the entire time that I've used it. Unfortunately, however, it seems to have developed a leak somewhere.

I came home today to discover that water was collecting on the top of my Rena xp1 canister filter. After a bit of feeling around and searching for the culprit, I discovered that my heater was dripping water. I immediately checked all the fittings. They are tight. The leak seems to be coming from the actual seam of the heater itself (Where the two halves of the outer shell come together).

Has anybody experienced this before? What do you think I can do about this?

Thank you for your help/suggestions!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks creekbottom. I just wrote them an email. I hope that they can help me replace the unit if it has indeed failed. I just did a little research and discovered that the glass tube within the unit is capable of cracking if it is heated too much and comes into contact with colder water. This may very well be what happened. I'm not too excited about the possibility of having to replace this thing!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts