The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out a way to grow the most veggies/herbs in an inclosed space. I have a tiny apartment with a spare bedroom that I can utilize, but I want to keep the grow area to around a 4 foot x 4 foot area.

I was thinking I could do a setup that takes advantage of the vertical and horizontal space. My current plan is making two vertical walls of NFT gravity drained systems with PVC. I can use a single pump to feed the top row and have it run down through a continuous PVC system. I am considering having this drain through a few deep beds of perlite in which I can grow potatoes, carrots, etc., and finally drain into a large reservoir. This reservoir will feed the return pump and also have a bubbler so I can add two large pots to utilize bubbleponics for a tomato plants and a cucumber plant. These get large and unruly so they alone will form the third wall (cucumber) and half of the final side (tomatoe) The remaining opening will be where I stand and watch things grow. The plan is to hang a single 400 watt HPS in the middle so as little light is spilled as possible.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.