The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone with sensitive fish/inverts, please remember to do your water changes now before the hurricane hits.

Water authority will need to clean out the pipes using chemicals to prevent bacteria, so doing a water change or topping off a week or two after would not be smart.

Just my 2 cents.

-Gordon

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got about 30 soups in the pantry, along with bags of cookies, 5 boxes of cereal, 1 case of water. Also have a bunch of fruit/pastas etc and who knows what else stocked away. We've got a gas oven/burners which means we'll be eating fine.

I'm freezing bottles of water and have been putting them all into the fridge to make sure everything stays cold. Lowered fridge/freezer temperatures. No matter what we'll be kosher for up to two/three days without power.

Just going to be eating a ton of chicken and steaks.

Wish ya luck in Forest Hills!
I'll take a photo while my house is in the eye of the storm. Almost a direct path currently above my house.

Here I am.
Rock you like a hurricane!

-Gordon

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You and your girlfriend are going to be washed away by the water.

Get in your Honda and drive fast bro. Maybe one of your friends is having a hurricane party on the North Shore?

I forget if you're in a first or second floor apartment, but if there is basement storage get your stuff to high ground fast. Best wishes to you man.

-Gordon

·
Registered
243 Posts
I already don't have power at home :(

The Peco people were on my street though, some hopefully they will get it back up.

I plan to do a water change tomorrow AM, and fill the aging tank back up before things hit.

·
Nerd Alert.
5,719 Posts
I already got spare waffles, pancakes, french toast, and fried everything ready in case it hits hard here. Lets hope it doesn't make it to Washington State. GOOD LUCK AND PRAY YOU SURVIVE.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
I've got about 30 soups in the pantry, along with bags of cookies, 5 boxes of cereal, 1 case of water. Also have a bunch of fruit/pastas etc and who knows what else stocked away. We've got a gas oven/burners which means we'll be eating fine.

I'm freezing bottles of water and have been putting them all into the fridge to make sure everything stays cold. Lowered fridge/freezer temperatures. No matter what we'll be kosher for up to two/three days without power.

Just going to be eating a ton of chicken and steaks.

Wish ya luck in Forest Hills!
I'll take a photo while my house is in the eye of the storm. Almost a direct path currently above my house.

Here I am.
Rock you like a hurricane!

-Gordon
LMAO, thats way too much soup, us country folks have gased up the generator and are ready to go, I did get my water change in today, but again we use well water here, good luck to all.

If you get bored here's pics from Isabel http://www.flickr.com/photos/liveview/

LOL, you can tell who the stoners are by the menu, that's you all breakfast food, put down the pipe!!!!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.